Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mowogg
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Windscreen rubber infill trim

Post by mowogg »

Does anyone know if the minor windscreen rubber is the same profile as a mini? The reason I ask is I am looking at changing mine on the van. The current one is all black-I assume this might be the original. It looks more appropriate than a chrome style one. You can get a black one from mini suppliers
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: Windscreen rubber infill trim

Post by ManyMinors »

I don't believe it is. My own van had a plain rubber originally with no bright trim. You don't say what year your van is but the rubber changed during production. I replaced mine with the early Minor 1000 rubber which should carry a stainless steel moulding, and simply didn't fit the moulding. If you use the later rubber which carries a filler strip, you'd simply have to find a black filler strip which should be easy enough? I agree, the vans look "wrong" with too much glitter on them!
mowogg
Minor Fan

Post by mowogg »

Thanks for the quick reply. My van is 1965.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

I was going to change my chrome infill for the black type but just as I started to remove the existing one, the chrome film that gives it the finished look started to come away from the infill itself. I therefore carried on pulling and it all peeled off, leaving the desired black finish, with no need to remove or dismantle anything. Worth a try!

mowogg
Minor Fan

Post by mowogg »

The rubber on mine dates from the 1980s at least. It's black all over with no infill. Sadly it is past its best so I would like to replace with a black only.

Photo attached
Attachments
IMG_20180914_125001.jpg
IMG_20180914_125001.jpg (3.8 MiB) Viewed 988 times