Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
yellowpinky
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

holes in glittering area

Post by yellowpinky »

I'm planning to 're paint my whole van before the winter & have started some prep work... the bodywork is all solid except the annoying bit of guttering at the cab end of the van...
My mechanic just told me to use fibreglass on these holes, which I thought may do until I read a bit more about it online! yes I know, getting a new panel in there would be the best solution, but I can't afford that atm... baring in mind where it's located, it's a fairly big job...
So a vague post sure... I'd just like to know what you'd do if faced with the same problem?
Attachments
1538158590172.jpg
1538158590172.jpg (21.25 KiB) Viewed 972 times
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: holes in glittering area

Post by RobThomas »

Do it once...Do it right..?

That area of the Glittering is not very nice to have to fabricate in one piece but is not too bad if you've done a bit of metal bashing before. 3 hours for a half-competent welder/fabricator?
Cardiff, UK
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You don't want to hear this!-------- I'd take the roof off, apart from the piece you show, it has reached the area below the gutter, and I'd bet the perimeter of the remaining gutter and roof hide more corrosion. It's a common issue on these vans. It all depends on how far you want to take these matters.

yellowpinky
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by yellowpinky »

I was hoping you'd suggest sprinkling some magic glitter over it & making a big wish! 😂🧚‍🧚‍🧚‍
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Try that first. :D