Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Traveller rear headlining

Post by Mark Wilson »

I don't need to do a resto thread - you can see where the world's slowest resto has got to by looking at my questions! I'm about to fit the roof to my new woodwork, and have just got to the bit in the Ray Newell/Steve Foreman book where Steve recommends fitting the headlining to the roof rails off the car, before fitting the roof. Although he suggests that the headlining can be protected by rolling up in plastic until final fitting, I'm not sure that this is the best way to go for me - knowing my ability to create messiness I think i'd rather make it a white gloves job with the rest of the interior. Can anyone who has fitted a headlining either before or after the roof let me have their thoughts as to whether leaving it till later would make the job much harder, please?

Mark
arjay
Minor Friendly

Re: Traveller rear headlining

Post by arjay »

I did it after, with no problems. It didn't occur to me that there was any other option. The bit in the front was more fiddly.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I respect Steve's expertise and advice, but given that the headlining is fixed to the top side rails, and covers the bolts that attach the roof to the cab, I would always fit it as practically the last thing to do.
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

Thanks both. I'm not doubting Steve in any way, no-one knows more than he does about fitting these frames, but what may be easy and logical for someone who has done the job before may over-complicate the process for a one-off ham fisted bodger!