Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Loadie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Hood frame, rear window frames

Post by Loadie »

Hi all
Anybody got a good fix for this? The hood frame catches if its not raised or lowered just so.... im thinking of some sort of fabric protection but i suppose theres two questions here.
1. Am I actually missing something that should stop this ? And
2. Anyone got a better solution??

Cheers
Attachments
BDC38628-AB2F-4A07-B25D-762A90738BCF.jpeg
BDC38628-AB2F-4A07-B25D-762A90738BCF.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 1133 times
Apolaustic
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Hood frame, rear window frames

Post by Apolaustic »

On ours, where the hood frame attaches to the bracket on the window frame, the hood frame is on the inside (the car side) of the bracket and not the outside (the window side). Yours is on the outside, and so the hood frame is closer to the window frame. That may be a partial cause of the fouling. I can try to send a photo if necessary.
Last edited by Apolaustic on Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apolaustic
1966 white/red convertible (1098cc with alternator, electronic ignition & brake servo)
Loadie
Minor Friendly

Post by Loadie »

Will have a go at swapping them round and see if that help... thanks
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

The hood frame is fitted the other way on mine but still rubs the window frames and takes paint off. I've just lived with it and have removed and repainted the frames every few years. It doesn't bother me because my car isn't really in "show condition". Another alternative is to purchase stainless steel frames which I've seen on some cars. I don't think you are doing anything wrong - it just seems to be a characteristic!
Loadie
Minor Friendly

Post by Loadie »

OK thanks, I'm thinking of getting some adhesive felt stuff to fasten to the bars or window frame as a bit of protection... the stuff I want isn't felt really but I'll be damned if I know what it is called?? that stuff that is used for sticking under furniture to stop it scratching wood floors !! :P