Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Telpet
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Morris 1000, Radiator Grille Removal

Post by Telpet »

I have a recon engine to install. Decided to remove radiator grille surround to make this task easier. Haynes manual instructions dont seem to match up with my installation. Have removed top and lower bolts but it appears that there are further connections/bolts to wings. which I am having difficulty locating. Would welcome advice from club members who have undertaken this task. Thanks, Telpet
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Morris 1000, Radiator Grille Removal

Post by simmitc »

The chrome hockey sticks have studs that go thtough the grille surround and wings. The nuts are accessed from under the wing. They will often be covered in muck and/or underseal. You might be lucky and get them undone, or the studs might shear off. Other than that, two bolts at the top on each side, easily seen, and all those along the bottom. Also disconnect the bonnet release rod and the radiator hoses. Check whether the wiring harness has been clipped to the bottom part of the panel.
Telpet
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Morris 1000, Radiator Grille Removal

Post by Telpet »

Many thanks for your help. Had removed top and bottom bolts,- very straightforward, so will now have a go at removing hockey stick nuts. Can see what you mean by these being obscured by what looks like a mixture of paint and gunge.. -Telpet.