Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Molly123
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Wing mirrors

Post by Molly123 »

My 1969 traveller, which I bought some weeks ago, has two sets of mirrors, one set on the wings and one set on the door. I don’t think both sets would have been on when the car was new. Can anybody tell me which are the originals?
Cheers
Seth
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: Wing mirrors

Post by geoberni »

I'm happy to be corrected, but I think you'll find that straight off the end of the line, so to speak, the answer is neither, or either, but unlikely to be both.... :lol:
I believe the system was always that Mirrors were fitted as the customer required, sometimes at the factory, but often by the Dealer.
Basil the 1955 series II

Molly123
Minor Friendly

Post by Molly123 »

Thanks for that. I think I’ll get rid of the wing mirrors as they are not so easy to adjust, in and out of the car to get them right, and stay with the door mirrors.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

Morris 1000 Travellers left the factory with wing mirrors fitted. So did the vans and pick-ups. The saloons did not. At least one external mirror was a legal requirement on a commercial or dual purpose vehicle. Generally speaking, door mirrors are a more modern idea and are preferred by some. I would fit whatever suits you best but wing mirrors are period correct.
Molly123
Minor Friendly

Post by Molly123 »

Thanks. Appreciate your input.
Seth