By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
SriVik
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

which parcel to look for

Post by SriVik »

hai guys,

i need a help, mine is 1963/64 morris 1098cc chasis is1081140

which parcel tray suits my car? i got both photos from ESM and CharlesWare but both also contradicting.

A) ESM says from oct 64' onwards but CW says late models 1098cc

B) ESM says upto 64' but CW says upto 63' 948cc...

My car doesn't come with any heater, so,my plan is get either one which fits my car on the edge and cover the heater cut with other ways..

any experience feedback??
Attachments
B
B
parcel-tray-shelf-1959-64-with-cut-out-for-heater-duct-black-r-h-d-p828897-6517_medium.jpg (7.79 KiB) Viewed 903 times
A
A
parcel-tray-shelf-october-64-onwards-black-r-h-d-p828896-4510_image.jpg (9.77 KiB) Viewed 903 times
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: which parcel to look for

Post by ManyMinors »

If your car has the large hole in the bulkhead to allow for the air intake pipe, then it would have been fitted with the parcel shelf in the lower picture. That would seem the obvious choice since, if your car doesn't have a heater anyway, there is little point in purchasing the earlier type of shelf where more of the shelf is cut away due to the design of the earlier heater. In other words: If you purchase the shelf in the upper picture, you will have to fill the holes in before you can make good use of it.
I think the shelf changed in late 1963 to the type in the lower picture. That is the one I would opt for. I think that is correct for your chassis number.
SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

ManyMinors wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:13 am If your car has the large hole in the bulkhead to allow for the air intake pipe, then it would have been fitted with the parcel shelf in the lower picture. That would seem the obvious choice since, if your car doesn't have a heater anyway, there is little point in purchasing the earlier type of shelf where more of the shelf is cut away due to the design of the earlier heater. In other words: If you purchase the shelf in the upper picture, you will have to fill the holes in before you can make good use of it.
I think the shelf changed in late 1963 to the type in the lower picture. That is the one I would opt for. I think that is correct for your chassis number.
hi minor legend,

im just worry the wheel arch and the parcel cutting on the side/edge.. one is curved other is 'L' shape.. do you think its interchangeable
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

I can see what you mean now. I wouldn't worry about that - it is perhaps just the way 2 different manufacturers have made them? The car body and wheelarch shape didn't change so I cannot explain that. On the later type of shelf in the lower picture, the shelf material bends upwards to fit the wheelarch. I don't think you'll have any problem with it fitting your car.
SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

ManyMinors wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:26 am I can see what you mean now. I wouldn't worry about that - it is perhaps just the way 2 different manufacturers have made them? The car body and wheelarch shape didn't change so I cannot explain that. On the later type of shelf in the lower picture, the shelf material bends upwards to fit the wheelarch. I don't think you'll have any problem with it fitting your car.
exactly that is what i got confused, body never change, wheel arch never change but tray shape changed, now i got the answer, it bent at the edge.. dint thought about that. thanks
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by myoldjalopy »

Brave man with no heater! I remember driving a SII back in the 80's with no heater - bloody freezing in the depths of winter! :o
SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

myoldjalopy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:00 pm Brave man with no heater! I remember driving a SII back in the 80's with no heater - bloody freezing in the depths of winter! :o
Here, where im from, i need air conditioner, Heater mean i will get HEAT stroke.. :D
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by myoldjalopy »

Aha! Not so brave after all! :wink:
SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

myoldjalopy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 pm Aha! Not so brave after all! :wink:
I would not want to challenge the nature