Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mattress
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Andrew Eggleton vs ESM

Post by Mattress »

Hi,

I have just used Andrew Eggleston’s online service and I have to say it is exceptional.

I had seen this thread already (following a Google search for panels, steel vs GRP) earlier this week. Anyway, I needed a fuel pump so order one on Tuesday night through the website. Www.morrisminorspareparts.com and the pump arrived this morning Thursday. Can’t knock that I don’t think. Keenly priced too.

Anyway, thought I’d share the experience for anyone’s reassurance.

Matt
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Yes, indeed. I ordered a couple of sets of points from him on Tuesday afternoon and they arrived on Wednesday morning!
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I've had good service from Andrew before, though I'm not a fan of the current website.
It's not exactly easy to navigate; for example, which light would be your first choice here?
AE.JPG
AE.JPG (87.03 KiB) Viewed 877 times
it's not unusable, but it's not easy either.
Basil the 1955 series II

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

The bottom two appear identical - and are both Lucas L488! And at 50p cheaper than the top one I would go for either of them :lol:
Although the top one appears slightly darker glass but that might just be down to the photographs?
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

I find the search function of the AE site horrendous, in fact its easier to find things on their eBay store than their site. On the plus side they tend to be cheaper than other parts suppliers.

I like ESM to buy from but I think it's wrong that their eBay store is alot cheaper than their official site for parts. I was looking at a part yesterday, on their official site incl. vat it was £13.80 + p&p (excl. any club discounts), on eBay it's £10 free postage.

Usually when I find things on Amazon, eBay etc. I check to see if the company has their own site and more often than not save money buying direct (or somethings get free delivery instead of having to also pay postage etc.) because direct there's no fees they have to pay to a third party, but not apprently with ESM.
moggy1098
MMOC Member: No

Post by moggy1098 »

Chief wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 pm I find the search function of the AE site horrendous, in fact its easier to find things on their eBay store than their site. On the plus side they tend to be cheaper than other parts suppliers.

I like ESM to buy from but I think it's wrong that their eBay store is alot cheaper than their official site for parts. I was looking at a part yesterday, on their official site incl. vat it was £13.80 + p&p (excl. any club discounts), on eBay it's £10 free postage.

Usually when I find things on Amazon, eBay etc. I check to see if the company has their own site and more often than not save money buying direct (or somethings get free delivery instead of having to also pay postage etc.) because direct there's no fees they have to pay to a third party, but not apprently with ESM.
Yes this was our 1st attempt of building a Webb site and with so much on there for all different cars its bursting at its seems and is now 10 years old , we are investing thousands at present to have a new up to date site for the 21st century but all takes time & money and covid doesnt help , but at present anything you need help with just message me andreweggleton363@gmail.com
moggy1098
MMOC Member: No

Post by moggy1098 »

geoberni wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:08 pm I've had good service from Andrew before, though I'm not a fan of the current website.
It's not exactly easy to navigate; for example, which light would be your first choice here?
AE.JPG

it's not unusable, but it's not easy either.
yes ref the picture of L488 LAMP , Yes same picture , one is a single pole amber lamp and the other is a double pole lamp side light & indicator which we sell loads for many classic cars & trikes