Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
SriVik
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Andrew Eggleton vs ESM

Post by SriVik »

Need some tips, im looking for chassis panels and floor panel. Ive been told go for AE. Ive tried call and email him, even tried via Facebook and ebay. NO reply from his side. Any other ways to contact him??

I live in Malaysia. How to buy from from AE if i dont get in touch with him??

2nd option is ESM which i see ther are from LMC Hadrian. i been told ESM parts dont fit.

Any suggestion?
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: Andrew Eggleton vs ESM

Post by ManyMinors »

ESMs panels are perfectly alright. I don't know of anyone who provides anything better for the price.
If the other supplier can't even answer the telephone I should forget him. What are you going to do if you have a problem later :wink:
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Yes, sound reasoning.

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Did you use the Andrew Eggleton contact form and/or the contact number set out on the form?

https://www.morrisminorspareparts.com/contact-us

I had a look at his reviews and they all seem to be good.

What day/date did you ring/try to make contact with Andrew Eggleton - it is the weekend here in the UK so the shop/business will be closed and last week was a bank holiday week so may have been closed though it does not state so on the web site. Also the Covid-19 situation here in the UK has not helped either.

Phil

SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

ManyMinors wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:45 pm ESMs panels are perfectly alright. I don't know of anyone who provides anything better for the price.
If the other supplier can't even answer the telephone I should forget him. What are you going to do if you have a problem later :wink:

I never had any issue with Esm with other parts. Never heard good review about panels from ESM. That’s something to think about.
SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

philthehill wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:00 pm Did you use the Andrew Eggleton contact form and/or the contact number set out on the form?

https://www.morrisminorspareparts.com/contact-us

I had a look at his reviews and they all seem to be good.

What day/date did you ring/try to make contact with Andrew Eggleton - it is the weekend here in the UK so the shop/business will be closed and last week was a bank holiday week so may have been closed though it does not state so on the web site. Also the Covid-19 situation here in the UK has not helped either.

Phil
I did called him on weekdays and UK time. I left a message in Facebook, Ebay , the form in his website.

I will contact again this week. Otherwise i will go with ESM.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

SiriVik

Thank you for the reply. I hope that you have better luck this week.

Phil

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
To be fair to Andrew Eggleton I have obtained parts from him in the past without issue, either with the parts themselves or the time they took to arrive. I have no idea why he would be unreachable at present though, I hope he hasn't become yet another victim of this damn virus.
However, especially given your location, you would be right to go with a company that appear fully operational and responsive.
I myself have ordered parts from ESM throughout our lockdown and whilst their counter service is out of action (for obvious reasons) they are still sending out parts ordered online and are still contactable by phone, should you wish to order that way or discuss parts / availability.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

Hi mike,
Agree, cannot argue with ESM’s service.

Me too, hope AE is not affected by current situation.
When comes to panels , i heard AE is way better. ESM cannot be so bad as they using LMC Hadrian pressing.
I have no issue with ESM so far. If i dont get any reply from AE this week,, then i will go with ESM.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Well, doing a bit of social media digging.....

Andrew's personal facebook page has nothing on it since Sept 2018 when he mentions recovering from a 'very long illness'... :-?

The fb page 'Morris Minor Parts' has nothing since a Christmas Message on 24th Dec 2019.

There is no mention of any news on the website such as what they are doing during the current Covid Crisis.

His ebay account however, Seller ID 'AME353', does have some 500 positive feedback in the past month, with 2,200+ in the last 6 months.

So I suspect that he may possibly be in an 'at risk' category (his reference to long illness in 2018) and they are shut down apart from selling through ebay.

It doesn't explain why there is no explanations such as a Covid News banner on the website homepage; but then perhaps his IT support is also out of commission....

That's my detective work for the morning.... :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

geoberni wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:52 am Well, doing a bit of social media digging.....

Andrew's personal facebook page has nothing on it since Sept 2018 when he mentions recovering from a 'very long illness'... :-?

The fb page 'Morris Minor Parts' has nothing since a Christmas Message on 24th Dec 2019.

There is no mention of any news on the website such as what they are doing during the current Covid Crisis.

His ebay account however, Seller ID 'AME353', does have some 500 positive feedback in the past month, with 2,200+ in the last 6 months.

So I suspect that he may possibly be in an 'at risk' category (his reference to long illness in 2018) and they are shut down apart from selling through ebay.

It doesn't explain why there is no explanations such as a Covid News banner on the website homepage; but then perhaps his IT support is also out of commission....

That's my detective work for the morning.... :wink:

Are you born detective??? 😂😂

Hope he is alright. In that case i will buy underfloor panels ESM. 👍👍
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

SriVik wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:03 pm

Are you born detective??? 😂😂

Hope he is alright. In that case i will buy underfloor panels ESM. 👍👍
Lockdown distraction.... :lol: :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

Ive ordered many items from Andrew in the past and found him very efficient and reasonable to deal with. I did contact Andrew about 2 weeks ago via his own web page and he replied within the hour through his mobile phone link.
Hopefully he is not ill.
Morris Minors..... such fun :D
SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

Okey guys thanks for all the input , safe drive
moggy1098

Post by moggy1098 »

Hello, Andrew Eggleton here , yes thank you all for the great comments on our panels , Yes ESM make panels off the old tooling and couldn't comment on them as never had any of them , Yes the original production manager and tool maker at LMC Panels set up on his own with also all the correct profile tooling and proper gauge and quality panels which we work very close together on supplying a lot of trade and Morris minor owners worldwide , we have developed a lot of van panels as well and new developments are underway which will take the van & pick up market by storm . i just felt i wanted to make this clear on the panel front as people seem to think its all one company and we are not connected in anyway with ESM , Originally i work for morris minor centre bath for 28 years and was made redundant overnight when ESM bought my old boss out Nic Harding and since then i have been trading my own company for the past 14 years which is growing stronger every year thanks to all the support you guys have given me, you can find me on Ebay under AME353 and yes we were the first people trading on there , also our worldwide webb site www.morrisminorspareparts.com brings in untold amount of orders and we are always open to offering good deals on to keep you moggies alive ,

Yes we are still alive and handling 1000s of orders every month and its been a hectic time for the and my good lady , we even have our black Labrador with a roll of tape on his tale packing to keep up , yes the facebook site is being redone as not be used for a long time and we intend to offer more great deals for you , we have also teamed up with an overseas manufacturer make a lot of rubber components and have just invest in the moulds for the polyurethane bush's , so please keep an eye put over the next few months
Graham c

Post by Graham c »

I ordered quite a few panels this week, Andrew rang me to talk about the parts and delivery, parts arrived within 2 days, excellent service and quality parts. Thanks for your quick and excellent service Andrew.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

For those knocking ESM...

I haven't bought any panels from them for a few years now - but when they first got the Hadrian tooling, the panels I got from them using that tooling were very good...
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

For those knocking ESM...

I haven't bought any panels from them for a few years now - but when they first got the Hadrian tooling, the panels I got from them using that tooling were very good...
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

I suppose its similar to your favourite beer, we each have our preferences.

Just be thankful we have competition within the Morris Minor panel industry, a friend of mine was given a MK1 Cortina recently and the cost to replace the front wings was £750...each!!
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
moggy1098

Post by moggy1098 »

Hi Folks ,

Yes we are still alive & kicking , we have been very very busy since the lock down and hope everyone is safe out there , we have now made the front eyebolt & rear spring polyurethane bush's in green , brand new pick up spare wheel holder dosc in 3mm thickness, we are currently making new van chassis legs which have not been available since henrics days , we now also make the alloy kick plates 2dr for the early side valve cars which several members have bought , we also now do the 4dr stainless steel set of front & rear kick plates & sills, also we have now made the saloon chassis leg top extension and also the van / pick top extension panels which no one else makes these in the uk , we have also made the traveller & van /pick petrol filler pipe cover . we are also now have new van/pck up rear telescopic chock absorbers that are a fantastic price than anyone else in the uk . look out for even more great items we hope to manufacture ,

Hope everyone keeps safe

Andy & Eve