Traveller wood frame to B-pillar joint

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Siturn
MMOC Member: No

Traveller wood frame to B-pillar joint

Post by Siturn »

I’d like some recommendations on the best means of sealing the joint where the wooden frame attaches to the back face of the b-pillar.
I’ve used black caulking strips between wings, panels and frame, but this gap seems too big for the same stuff. Could be wrong though.
I won’t use silicone based sealer as its awful stuff, and mastic doesn’t go off so thats no good.
The alternative is PU bond and seal (as used to attach modern car body panels) as this goes off quickly and remains flexible and is very strong.
Any recommendations welcomed.
Many thanks.
King Kenny
Minor Fan

Re: Traveller wood frame to B-pillar joint

Post by King Kenny »

If I were to do that job again I would use black Gutter seal. I have used it to seal the front wings, some of the glass and to replace the rubber seal that goes over the roof on my traveller.
1969 Traveller in Almond green. Owned since 1979.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

I used a caulking strip/seal when I replaced the wood on mine and would do the same again. This is how they were done originally. The gap shouldn't be "big" ?
Siturn

Post by Siturn »

Ah, if thats how they were done originally then thats what i’ll do. To be fair i’ve only really offered the frames up and loose-fitted the screws so far so perhaps the gap will be less than i think when its all in place.
Many thanks for the responses.