Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Waxing Doorsill

Post by myoldjalopy »

It seems that this is not an isolated example then, from some of the comments above! Whatever the reasons may have been for doing it, it is the work of a complete bodger and there is no excuse for it...... No Minor should be treated with such cavalier disrespect! :evil:
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

myoldjalopy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 am It seems that this is not an isolated example then, from some of the comments above! Whatever the reasons may have been for doing it, it is the work of a complete bodger and there is no excuse for it...... No Minor should be treated with such cavalier disrespect! :evil:
There was a time when these were old bangers, not classics, and those of us who were young bodgers at the time didn't need excuses for anything which would get us the next MoT! (although I never did this particular bodge, I hasten to add..) I would still disrespect Cavaliers, though! :D
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You’re right in what you say, although unfortunately the tradition of bodging repairs, is not limited to the past, old bangers, or Indeed the young !

kevin s
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by kevin s »

I thought about seam welding ours in, it would add a considerable amount of strength though really you would need to carry it back under the rear wing too.
Rather than cutting it open you could get a cheap endescope to check inside, I reckon the best way to wax it would be to drill some holes in the bottom from underneath and inject from there.