Convertible - Front Wooden Header Rail colour?

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Pete Bags
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Convertible - Front Wooden Header Rail colour?

Post by Pete Bags »

Following on from asking about where to buy replacement hoods, I now have a question about the colour of the hood Front Wooden Header Rail.

My current hood colour (and next hood colour) is burgundy, the interior seats etc are Tartan Red. The front wooden header rail is currently a bright red colour, that neither matches the hood colour or the interior trim colour - please see the picture.

In your own convertibles, does this header rail match your hood colour, interior trim colour or is it another colour altogether - any thoughts as to what would look best?

Many thanks!
rail.jpg
rail.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1055 times
annsteel
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Convertible - Front Wooden Header Rail colour?

Post by annsteel »

hello Pete,

I replaced my hood last year. The hood was ok in a grey vinyl which I liked. I did replace the metal frame as the old one was twisted, rusty & old! My hood front colour frame is black which obviously I was happy with so left that part in place. Hope this helps!
Ann & Malcolm steel
Pete Bags
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Convertible - Front Wooden Header Rail colour?

Post by Pete Bags »

Hi Ann,

Many thanks for this - as I've just found out from the supplier that the underside of the new hood will be black (the old hood had a grey/white colour) I'm thinking that a black front frame colour may be the way to go!

All the best,

Pete