Best way to Waxoyl Minor’s nooks and crannies?

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Oldmogman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Best way to Waxoyl Minor’s nooks and crannies?

Post by Oldmogman »

Has anyone been able to find a good way of getting Waxoyl into all the Minor’s nooks and crannies?

I thought I’d given my Morris a good dousing using the Waxoyl pump and cavity spray tube, but some recent body work has revealed that the spray didn’t reach all the corners!

When I originally rust-proofed the car, I heated the Waxoyl to thin it before spraying, and also made a few more holes in the end of the spray tube to give something close to a 360-degree spread.

However, may be the spray of Waxoyl didn’t reach very far once it started to cool, so I’m wondering if I’d be better thinning it with white spirit instead? And maybe heating it as well?

I did think about using a paraffin gun and compressor to blast it in, but I’ve been told the Waxoyl blocks the gun in a couple of sprays…

Your thoughts and suggestions, please!
kevin s
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Best way to Waxoyl Minor’s nooks and crannies?

Post by kevin s »

There are waxes which creep much better than waxoyl nowadays, Dinatrol or Bilt Hamber seem to be the most widely used, in the past I have thinned waxoyl with approx 30% clean 20/50 engine oil, it creeps and penetrates much better but still sets so it doesn't drip.
King Kenny
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by King Kenny »

I thin my Waxoyl with white spirit until it is quite runny. Then I warm the can in hot water and spray in the heat of the mid day sun.
1969 Traveller in Almond green. Owned since 1979.
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philthehill »

Only mad dogs and English men spray Waxoil in the heat of the midday sun. :wink: