Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
cococola
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Clever idea

Post by cococola »

Ivwe bought a pair of extendable bonnet stays for my Minors yesterday from ESM and fitted them today and I must say how impressed Iam with them.The bonnet now elevates higher with a spring loaded pin so that you can have standard height or elevated height to avoid banging ones head on the bonnet corners. My convertable shows standard height and my Traveller shows elevated height.
Attachments
IMG_20210615_125422.jpg
IMG_20210615_125422.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 1728 times
IMG_20210615_124855.jpg
IMG_20210615_124855.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 1728 times
Morris Minors..... such fun :D
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Re: Clever idea

Post by jagnut66 »

That'll save your head then! :D
They are a no-brainer are they not.
Excepting those who want complete originality, I'm surprised more people haven't fitted them, saves you a fortune in aspirin! :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251389972380 ... SwyNdfHtNW
https://www.morrisminorspares.com/body- ... ec-p827976

Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
squire
Minor Friendly

Post by squire »

cococola wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:55 pm Ivwe bought a pair of extendable bonnet stays for my Minors yesterday from ESM and fitted them today and I must say how impressed Iam with them.The bonnet now elevates higher with a spring loaded pin so that you can have standard height or elevated height to avoid banging ones head on the bonnet corners. My convertable shows standard height and my Traveller shows elevated height.
Love the wheels, got van wheels on my Traveller but would love those. :D. By the way got the extended bonnet prop too, let's more light in as well as saving your scalp!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

They look like lp936 rims. I like the mini in the background, thinking of getting one, the latest of that type is on a 14 plate though.
cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

Rims are originals that I had banded at an engineering firm followed by powder coating to finish.
The bonnet prop mingles in like an original look I feel and quite right,lots more light in the engine bay aswell as less brain damage :D
I do like the Mini although I dont use it enough due to the minors so it may have to go...Id swap another minor for it for sure :wink:
Pete Bags
Minor Fan

Post by Pete Bags »

As others have said, fitting the bonnet stay extender has been a revelation. No more oily sore heads!

Cococola - I'm intrigued though as to why the flag is below the repeater indicator on your convertible, but the flag is above the repeater indicator on your Traveller! :D

Paintwork on both look fantastic though!
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I would suggest that the height/position of either the flag or repeater light has dictated the position of the other.

cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

philthehill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:05 pm I would suggest that the height/position of either the flag or repeater light has dictated the position of the other.
Spot on Phil 8)