I want to know the year model of my Morris minor

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
svantemann
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by svantemann »

kennatt wrote:can't believe that someone has welded a roof onto a convertable,unless the hood and frame was unavailable in australia when the car was put together. VERY STRANGE. :-?
Hi There

I have seen and heard of quite a few of convertible Morris Minor cars in Australia converted to a saloon model. I am told the reason for this was that the convertible model was the cheepest of all models, and driving in Australia with all the dust in the outback made a market for fitting a roof. I also have an old advert where you can have a "Westmoreland" detachable hardtop fittet for £ 39.

A guy I know in Australia has 3 Lo Lites, and 2 of them has been converted to saloons. I will ask when I go there next year.

My own guess is that CKD Convertible were easier to ship overseas far away. In Denmark we made a lot of CKD also, but not this convertible / hardtop conversion.
Willie
Minor Legend

converted

Post by Willie »

There you go then, it had to be Australia!
Willie
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/wuzerk/mo9.jpg[/img]
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

poisonous snakes,fish,spiders,plants,man eating sharks,funny bouncing about long tailed things,million miles with nothing there but rabbits and NOW convertable convertables :o :o there always something to learn no matter who old you get.Had to be australia,could't happen anywhere else,gud on yer mate. :D :D
keela
Minor Friendly

Post by keela »

what can i say but AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE......OI OI OI (thats our little war cry)

that clears up the muddy waters!!!
I can only add that i am extremely impressed with the absolute knowledge and devotion all you guys display. its bloody amazing!
and again to all those who replied........THANK YOU. (oh, and we do sooooo love our funny bouncing about long tailed things. hahaha
keela
Minor Friendly

Post by keela »

i hope also to put a photo of my morrie on here soon......its not in quite the condition of greatness yet such as willie has displayed......however its only a small matter of time, blood, sweat, tears, heartache, money, oh and did i mention money, and in case i forgot.......more money, till i get my morrie registered and on the road.

So for all intents and purposes i could cut the roof off with not too many hassles as it should already have all the supports in place......allowing of course for all local laws we have in relation to that.........
Roni
Minor Fan

Post by Roni »

Don't forget that in addition to those " funny bouncing about long tailed things " you also have the Wombat. It has to be the Morris Minor of the animal world.

bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Why?
a
jackkelleher
Minor Fan

Post by jackkelleher »

Small, slow, snub-nosed and slightly thick, while completely unreliable... But very cute and universally loved. :)
Is rust infectious? My hands are turning red...
[img]http://photos-439.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v67/180/74/804015439/s804015439_179651_9033.jpg[/img]
keela
Minor Friendly

Post by keela »

well, i just sold my morrie. Apparently it created quite a stir.....not too many 2 door hard top convertibles around here in good nik.so i was told....received $1,136.00 AU for it.

Was perhaps one of the saddest days of my life to see it go..........

ill get another..............one day.
Willie
Minor Legend

Sold

Post by Willie »

That is less than £600 isn't it?
Willie
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/wuzerk/mo9.jpg[/img]
bigginger
Minor Maniac