Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
grainger
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by grainger »

hi

firstly - excellent photos all of you, flipping heck that black travellers nice, i think i'll do mine black in the end. though its a difficult colour to get right isnt it ?

second - cam - the vacuum gauge is to let you know what your petrol consumption is like isnt it ? ... i have a servo on my brakes, the manifold has a spare hole in it with a bolt stuck init, is that where you connect a vacuum gauge ?

cheers
grainger
Cam

Post by Cam »

Grainger,

I am impressed by 57's traveller, it looks a beauty!!

The vacuum gauge does let you know what your petrol consumption is like, although you can gauge it without the gauge really!! I just had it lying around so I thought I would put it in while I was at it. Plus the needle flicks around when you change gear (which looks cool! :wink:)
the manifold has a spare hole in it with a bolt stuck init, is that where you connect a vacuum gauge ?
Yep, that's it!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Right then it looks like an inline filter is not a bad thing then, if its picking up dirty particles over just 3,000 miles its doing its job, and goes to show what gets into the engine that you are not aware off
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
57traveller
Minor Addict

Filter

Post by 57traveller »

Kevin - I've been doing 12000 mile service today and just changed the inline filter and it is fairly black. Only fine dust like appearance, no big bits fortunately. So whether there's a bit of sludge slopping around in the tank or as I suspect, the fuel we buy isn't THAT clean.
turbominor
Minor Fan

Post by turbominor »

Very Nice '57traveler', an insparation to all of us. Mine is in primer now so will be coming on soon

Has any one fitted extra instruments to a Series II Sucesfully?

Iain

www.turbominor.co.uk
princessk
Minor Friendly

Post by princessk »

I agree it does look great. I gnashed my teeth in envy at the bodywork! :) Mine has some way to go before it looks that good. Would like to post pic of Maurice but have to wait til he has shiny paint and an interior!!!
an_avenger
Minor Fan

Post by an_avenger »

One word LUSH!!!!! 'Pidge' too will have to wait for a face lift but the interior is near on completion.
Chris Morley

Post by Chris Morley »

Sorry 57traveller, but I'm too green with envy to talk to you... :-? :oops:
57traveller
Minor Addict

Traveller

Post by 57traveller »

Many thanks for all the kind remarks re my Traveller. However looks can sometimes deceive. It failed last MOT because of a holed front chassis leg.
:oops: Careless use of a jack (not me!) :-? . Fortunately an easy fix. :P