windscreen washers

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
clockman
MMOC Member: No

windscreen washers

Post by clockman »

Hello all, I am a new minor owner of just 1 week, (with all this rain it has not been out much)
The problem I would like help with is the windscreen washers. I have a pusher on the dash and a plastic bottle under the bonnet but no tubing to conect the two.
how do I get to the pusher and jets with my tube and what size tube do I need?
many thanks for any help.
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

You should have a tube from the bottle to one side of the pusher, then another tube from the other to the jets. About 6' should do you with some spare. You'll need 1/8" internal diameter pipe available from any motor factors. I will add make sure there is a non-return valve in the bottle else it'll take a lot of pumping to get water out of the jets each time.
clockman

Post by clockman »

Many thanks, I only have an open top bottle at moment so I will get non return valve. do I need too remove speedo to get to back of pusher?
FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

Just did this on my van had the same prob as you have I had to buy 4 foot of the 5mm tubing and I think you will need 6 feet of the 4mm one you will also need a t piece and a non return valve (in line) if the bottle is missing the tubing on the inside you will also need to get the foot non return valve I bought everything from ESM

clockman

Post by clockman »

Thanks, had a look on ESM. would it be better to fit electric washers?