hight and confort

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Kevin
MMOC Member: No

Post by Kevin »

Subframes are sold by both Charles Ware and Newton Commercial but are designed for fitting Metro/Mini style seating, they may adapt for other seats.
MG Midget and A40 wheels fit along with Wolseley 1500 & Riley 1.5, the 1st two are 13" and affect the gearing, the 2nd two are almost mission impossible, or you can get the minilite style ones from the MM centre Birmingham 13" £50, 14" £63.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

but not the wire spridget wheels! although you could make them fit if you really really wanted...........
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Gareth
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Gareth »

You can buy bolt-on wires from some places... and that Greystone Automotive catalogue that often gets linked on here has a picture of the wire wheel splines, I'm sure...
Happy Minoring!

Phyllis ~ 1962 Morris Minor 4 Door Deluxe
Black coachwork with Red Duo-Tone Upholstery
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

Wolseley 1500 & Riley 1.5, the 1st two are 13" and affect the gearing, the 2nd two are almost mission impossible
erm Kevin, didn't the Wolsley have 3.5 J rims (ie the same as the standard Minor?)

Another optionmaxlee,
Wide van rims (will take 165 tyres) LP917. Available at £100 to £250 a set depending on condition and tyres etc.. Anything less than £100 and you are lucky.
Minor Developments sell similar wheels at £59.95 each (plus delivery etc..)

Ray
Gareth
Minor Legend

Post by Gareth »

No, it appears that I have been talking rubbish... can't find splined hubs for the wire wheels on that site Minor Catalogue...

A few years ago I had an upgrade pamphlet from Charles Ware, and there was a picture of (I think) a convertable with wire wheels on it. Could ask about that - you might have gathered that I quite like wires... :lol:

Depends on the car tho - those Minilite-style ones look smart, and at £63 quid a corner, they're not too pricey.
Happy Minoring!

Phyllis ~ 1962 Morris Minor 4 Door Deluxe
Black coachwork with Red Duo-Tone Upholstery
rayofleamington

Gareth,
The one you saw may well have had MGB or Marina hubs, therefore the wheels might not have been Minor compatible.
Ray.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

I have lots of wire wheels for spridgets, if midget alloys fit minors, you could probably make the wires fit.......
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

erm Kevin, didn't the Wolsley have 3.5 J rims (ie the same as the standard Minor?)
Correct Ray but the question was
what other car wheels fit on the minor
Lee you can fit any seats from any 2 door metro MG ones being the favorite, so that they have the tilt facility and the subframes only require a couple of extra holes, although lots of later seats have been fitted Volvo 3 series and Fiesta to quote a couple but you will have to make your own fittings unless someone on here has a design
Cheers

Kevin

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

The floor shape of a Minor is unique to that car. Metro seat bases will not help you. The Newton Commercial subframes are designed to mate the unusual floor of a moggy to the regular flat seat runners of some modern seats.
Some things you need to check when choosing seats:
Width of seat runners matches width of subframe
Do they tip forward (vital on 2 door cars)
are they too wide.
Overall seat height when installed.
seatbelt compatability (some belt locators are part of the seats)
Space for the handbrake
space for the seatbelt mountings

I had a set of Newton Commercial seats bases and although they can be used with a bit of modification they are NOT designed for Metro seats.
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
s.richardson
Minor Fan

Post by s.richardson »

ello lee, if you are handy with welder /hacksaw you could maybe fit moggy frames to your seats ,which is wat i did, saying that mine are fixed they dont move backward/forward but no one drives it except me, steve p.s. seats are on website
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

err max - i need to see this car when its finished...... But it really wouldn't be hard to make the seats flip forward for easy access to back there......... if your car is 2 door anyway and you are using the moggy frames, just use the original attachment.....
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I'm not sure if these blocks you speak of entail using jaffa cakes, if so be careful, I think they've been banned!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Lee I think you have been watching to much Starsy & Hutch from them 70`s-80`s when jacking the cars up was all the rage.
You could try reversing lowering blocks I suppose but I have no idea if thats a practicle idea or not.
Cheers

Kevin

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
Cam

Post by Cam »

Nothing wrong with a bit of a stance!!!

Actually the way I did it (and everyone else seems to) is to leave the rear standard height and lower the front. This has the added effect of tilting the rear bumper slightly upwards making it appear slightly raised. Apparently when you follow my car you can see the diff and yellow dampers quite clearly and I have only lowered the front by about 1 1/2"
rayofleamington

there are even falls that cut the springs.
:-D :-D :-D who told ya??? It was only an Alpha...

Leamington has some huge speed bumps (hundreds).
Not had problems with ride height on a Minor as you have to slow down to 10 mph or lower for them. Well, with 4 people in the exhaust would catch, but not with only 2 ppl. If you carry a lot of weight you might try getting extended shackles?
Most euroboxes will do them at 30mph, but some will ground if you go too fast :lol: