Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
lencot76
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Morris seats

Post by lencot76 »

Hello I am having another set of seats for a later 2 door Morris rebuilt,with new parts.However I am short of the drivers seat.I have seen a folding seat,which would seem ideal,but which year were these made for. Len
jaekl
Minor Addict

Re: Morris seats

Post by jaekl »

I've seen the folding passenger seat from the end of the early 1000 narrow pleats, through the wide pleats, to the end of the duo-tone style pleats. That would be later 1958 to mid 1964.
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

The folding seat where the backrest folds flat over the base was for the passenger side on Travellers. All the standard seats tip forwards as a unit.
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

Standard on saloons (and presumably convertibles) as well for the passenger seats till 64 when the later heat pressed vynil seats came in. Got two at work with folding passenger seats - one of then very original.
Of course all Series 2 and earlier cars had folding seats but they had the curved backs and were very different.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
whyperion
Minor Fan

Post by whyperion »

I dont think there is any law (Loss of Concours points?) for using a folding seat in a drivers position, particulary for a two door. I am not sure if they actually fold under the steering wheel ?
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

A folding seat on the drivers side is no real use for two reasons: 1). The steering wheel prevents it from folding, and..
2). the folding seat frames for Minor 1000s have no fore/aft adjustment.