Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
midget
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

eezibleed system.

Post by midget »

Wonder if anyone uses a Gunson eezibleed kit on their Minors?
I have used mine on many other cars but cannot find an adapter cap for our M/Cs. They do a universal one, but this would not fit I believe. I guess an old cap could be drilled and fitted with a tyre valve?
John
les
Minor Maniac

Re: eezibleed system.

Post by les »

I have used one on a minor, as you suggest the original cap, or preferably a spare, has to be modified.

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by bmcecosse »

Or just use 'Easy Gravity' bleeding - not let me down so far, although granted it may not work too well on the Moon....
ImageImage
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You're the only one that can do it that way Roy! :-?

biomed32uk
Minor Addict

Post by biomed32uk »

You can get little hand held vacuum pumps, come in a kit with a catch bottle, some tubing and adapters.

You then draw the fluid through from the bleed nipple, some rubber grease round the nipple threads to seal them and it does work very well. I did my brakes single handed with it and lovely firm pedal straight off.

Fairly cheap on the auction sites and has other uses round the workshop as well.
LobbyLudd
Minor Fan

Post by LobbyLudd »

les wrote:I have used one on a minor, as you suggest the original cap, or preferably a spare, has to be modified.
Has anyone sucessfuly modified your original metal cap. If so was there sufficient space for the supplied Gunson cap brass adaptor pipe union.
Spare minor master cylinder filler original metal caps must be difficult to get ?

Just bought an Eezibleed kit from Halfords and of course told it would 'definately' fit 'any' car as all possible sizes of cap adaptors are supplied grrrrrrr :evil: all cap adaptors supplied in kit are for external thread Minor caps are internal.

I wonder if a wine making jar conical rubber bung thingy with a hole that takes the non return air valve would work ??

Any other ideas as the kit looks good apart from this setback
'69 4 door saloon, traf: blue.

'LIFE'- is what happens when you are busy planning other things. John Lennon
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Don't use a rubber Bung, the pressure will blow it out, causing a right mess! There is room for the fitting in the original cap, you have to strip the cap down to the bare aluminium (removing the brass part) then drill an appropriate size hole to give the ezebleed fitting a good fit. You may have to flatten off the top of the cap to remove the raised letters, then fit a fibre washer either side of the cap. A general reply to the question of 'will it fit' is ------ well it should do!

LobbyLudd
Minor Fan

Post by LobbyLudd »

Thank you for the advice Les.

Through my excellent Dorset branch spares dept I have been advised ESM do a non vented spare cap so it can be drilled and 5/8" BSP tapped so the Morris Minor system can then be bled using this one man method.

You would have thought there were enough Minors and related BMC etc. cars with the Lockheed style metal caps to justify Gunson supplying as an optional spare !!

Posted this in case of any interest in case it may help anyone solve the issue.

LobbyLudd
Minor Fan

Post by LobbyLudd »

LobbyLudd wrote:Thank you for the advice Les.

Through my excellent Dorset branch spares dept I have been advised ESM do a non vented spare cap so it can be drilled and 5/8" BSP tapped so the Morris Minor system can then be bled using this one man method.

You would have thought there were enough Minors and related BMC etc. cars with the Lockheed style metal caps to justify Gunson supplying as an optional spare !!

Posted this in case of any interest in case it may help anyone solve the issue.

Correction should have read 1/8" BSP :oops: