Duotone fabric suppliers? (by the meter fabric?).

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Chief
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Duotone fabric suppliers? (by the meter fabric?).

Post by Chief »

Hi,
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just the white-ish fabric that makes up duotone and do they know of a supplier who can sell by the meter?

My door panels are in decent condition but one panel has a rip to the above mentioned fabric and I'd prefer not to buy a whole new door panel if I can get the fabric and fix it myself. I suspect if I do one the rest will then look old and tired (though I admit cleaning them will help improve this) so if I can get fabric by the meter that would be good as I can recover all 4 door panels.

I realise Newton Commercial may be the only people who have the fabric but I figured I'd try here first in case the fabric is for sale elsewhere. It's tricky trying to find such fabric as apart from duotone I know of no other name for it.

Thanks,
Chief. :)
LouiseM
MMOC Member: No

Re: Duotone fabric suppliers? (by the meter fabric?).

Post by LouiseM »

Might be difficult to find the exact colour but you could try Woolies, as they sell vinyl by the meter: http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-110-expanded-vinyl.aspx Or post a wanted ad here as someone may have a spare used panel which would save the effort and cost of having to change everything.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Just spotted this on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-MINOR- ... 2033599153

Even if the panel isn't the right one you could use the vinyl.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Chief
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Chief »

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I didn't think it was ordinary vinyl though (unlike the porcelain green sections) as it has a rippled effect to the material.
Thanks,
Chief.
mowogg
Minor Fan

Post by mowogg »

I don't believe the original rippled material is available. The Newton replacements are smooth and quite different in appearance