Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
orb596
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Fitting Ford KA seats

Post by orb596 »

I've just bought a nice set of leather Ford KA seats that I want to fit in my Traveller. I know it's supposed to be a fairly straight forward thing to do but has anyone else done it? If so any chance of any pictures of the fitted seats and close ups of the fittings?
Cheers
Laurie
Laurie Blewer
MMOC member since 1986
Dorset Branch Secretary for ever!!!!
panky
Minor Legend

Re: Fitting Ford KA seats

Post by panky »

orb596
Minor Fan

Post by orb596 »

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, no matter what I do or whatever username or password I enter I am unable to open the link. Not to worry though I'll see if any of my friends can access it.
Laurie Blewer
MMOC member since 1986
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

The link given refers to an external site, nothing to do with this messageboard, so it's nothing that we can fix.
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

if you PM me your email address i can drop you a pdf of the custom and modified newsletter which was copied for the article in the link
orb596
Minor Fan

Post by orb596 »

PM sent - thanks.
Laurie Blewer
MMOC member since 1986
firehor5e
Minor Fan

Post by firehor5e »

I have KA seats fitted to my 2 door.(sorry no photos)they are an easy fit,but the frame securing holes do not lineup with the originals,so new holes have to be drilled into the floor.I used large washers underneath to re enforce .Dont bother with the KA rear seats,they are a nightmare to fit and dont fit or function well(in my opinion)If you use the KA seat belts(the stalks are mounted to the seat frames)do not let the belt rewind too far into the spool when getting them off the donor vehicle as they will lock up and be useless.They use a thick bar that fits to the inner sill,a hole needs to be drilled and re enforced(i welded on a washer)Leather KA seats are not the most comfortable on a long journey ,as they are quite firm.I have changed the colour of my original rear vinal seats with a leather dye,have not finished them yet,but look good so far.
1968 2 door 1275