Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
BIGRAB
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

HEATER - SCREEN DE-MIST

Post by BIGRAB »

Have only had the minor a very short period of time and still trying to see what's what.

The heater is very good when blowing downwards but very weak when the screen option is selected.

No change in the heater speed but not much 'oomph' coming out the screen vents, is this the norm ?

Regards
Nickol
Minor Addict

Re: HEATER - SCREEN DE-MIST

Post by Nickol »

It is quite possible that the flexible hose connected to the windscreen demister has come away either completely or just too loose and letting the warn air blow around behind the dash. it is not very well fixed, at least with mine it was not. To check you Need to remove the glove box surround i.e. innerds.
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Even if your hoses are connected to the vents do not expect too much in the way of wind force. They all seem to put out their heat at a very gentle pace. Some small auxiliary fans in the hose line might help but I don't know where you'd source these.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Even when working properly the demister is very slow compared to a modern car. A microfibre cloth can be useful.
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

I found shoving a cloth up the downward outlet sends a lot more flow up to the screen, the demister actually works then :D
I've seen someone using one of those chamois covered sponges - they fit the outlet perfectly and have the added bonus of drying your sponge out :)
IslipMinor
Minor Legend

Post by IslipMinor »

If the screen needs replacing at any time, consider fitting a heated front screen. We did last year and demisting is never a problem!
Richard

BIGRAB
Minor Friendly

Post by BIGRAB »

Thanks to all, it sounds like it's working normally !!!
MikeNash
Minor Addict

Post by MikeNash »

Just an outside chance, but do you have any rubbish in the vents? When mine was apart I found that 50 years ago carpark tickets had fallen in through the top of the vents! Cleaned out its worked much better - relatively, of course. MikeN.
Morris Minor, the car of the future. One day they will all look like this!