Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
firedrake1942
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Heater hose link piece

Post by firedrake1942 »

Hi, does anyone know where I can get the heater hose rubber link ring? In some pictures I have seen it is a simple ring and in others a figure of 8 which holds the two heater hoses together about 9 inches after they come through into the engine bay. None of the catalogues I have looked at seem to list them.

jm
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Heater hose link piece

Post by philthehill »

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Phil, many thanks, I think they would do the job but what I am after looks like a solid piece of rubber, the first is like an oversized 'o' ring and the second like two small 'o' rings joined together. I can see them in engine bay pictures but can't find them anywhere.

jm
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

The part you require is Pt N: 300391 - Rubber Grommet.
I think that the parts in the links above will be the closest you will get to the original unless you can find a NOS item.

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

looks like an auto jumble case .... thanks for the help. Where did you get the part no.?
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

My mistake:-
The part number was extracted from the Minor wksp Man section SS7 but looking again closely at the parts illustration the Pt No refers to the bulkhead grommets (which in the illustration on page SS7 appears to be the clip you describe and require). A pipe clip (but not as you describe) is shown in illustration Fig SS5 item No: 19 but without the part number which is supposed to be within the text of SS4 to SS7 according to the manual
Even the BMC Minor parts list I have does not have a parts illustration or give a part number for the item/part required..
So it looks as if you will have to look at the auto jumble if you want original that is - if ever the clip was original which I am now having doubts as to whether it was fitted from new or just an after market fitment.
Looking at the attached link - very few if any of the Minors shown have the clip as described - most seem to be either a cable tie of a wrap round of tape.
There are a few professional clips fitted but they vary in style.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... L9WCUgEsDh
A mystery indeed - anyone else have thoughts on this matter.
Phil

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

The item numbered 12 in this diagram is what i am after, I think it shows it is not after market..... but still no trace of availability. I may have to make one from 'O' ring rubber which can be bought in metres.... unless any bright spark knows where they can be obtained .

JM
Attachments
hose00034.gif
hose00034.gif (37.25 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

As you have posted the illustration it has enabled me to find the right part number this time and is taken from BMC spare parts list Pt No: AKD559 third edition so the item is not after market as first thought.

Ring (Rubber) Pt No: AAA3694

Unfortunately it appears to be shown as no longer available in the above parts list.

That is possibly why the Ring Rubber is not shown in the Minor Wksp Manual heater illustration on Page SS7 Issue 3 which for the original heater is near identical to the parts illustration in your post above and currently the item is listed as NCA (not currently available) on the MOSS parts web site (see below) (item No: 28 Pt No: AAA3694) no doubt because the item is now obsolete.

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-mo ... ation.html

You have PM.