Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
dockerman
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

new tyres

Post by dockerman »

Hi i am looking for some new tyres for my 1956 split screen and where to buy them from Thanks
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: new tyres

Post by palacebear »

I use Bridgestone radials on my '56 saloon. Quite widely available. They're 145x14 (I think - haven't got the car nearby to check today). They've been on it a few years now. The car has spent a lot of time in storage so not much wear obviously. More importantly no sign of cracking or perishing anywhere. If you want original spec crossplies I think you may struggle to find them, and need a sympathetic bank manager too !
1956 4-door called Max
Andy W
Minor Fan

Post by Andy W »

I've just removed 4 x Nanking 155/80R14 from my Traveller as I have fitted wider wheels.
They seem to be really good tyres for relatively little money, around £50 - £55 each inc. fitting.
I had confidence in all weathers with them & they have loads of tread left after several thousand miles.

Andy.
"We're on the road to anywhere, with never a heartache & never a care!"

www.retronicsonline.com
Giving vintage a touch of the modern.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I've done nearly 10K miles in my Traveller on the same Nankings.They've been fine and plenty of miles left in them.
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Dunlop D75 crossply are manufactured new in the UK from time to time, these were fitted to my old car for the period look and I found them to perform well in all weather conditions, except traction in snow was poor.
Biggles1957
Minor Fan

Post by Biggles1957 »

I had Toyo's on my traveller and they were very good (155's). However, I've just had a set of Bridgestone 145's on my convertible and I think they are better. Lots of people say they're the best for a moggie... :P