Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
pandaman
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Wing Mirrors

Post by pandaman »

Evening All
Being short I cannot look out from the near side wing mirror as the N/S wiper is blocking my view. The mirrors are standard lengths, but some web sites say a pair of M/M van wing mirrors have longer arms, does anyone know if this is correct and the length of these arms please.
Regards Pandaman
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Wing Mirrors

Post by SteveClem »

I don't recall there being a significant difference. Has your seat sagged a bit? An ex girlfriend,many years ago, managed ok in our communal Moggy and she was only 5' I''. Mind you,she did sit on a cushion.
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by palacebear »

IIRC the only wing mirrors that were significantly larger were those specified by Royal Mail and Telecom for later vans, which I don't think were specific to Minors as very similar, if not identical ones were fitted to their Bedford HA vans too.

That said, there was no specific type of wing mirror for the Minor anyway, so maybe shop around for some that suit your needs.
1956 4-door called Max
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

palacebear wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:48 pm That said, there was no specific type of wing mirror for the Minor anyway, so maybe shop around for some that suit your needs.
Ive often seen this stated, however section BH5.1 5.2 & 5.3 of the body parts book AKD3542 shows the various types of wing mirrors that could be fitted......Arm assembly 37H 9969 appears to be longer than the standard 8G 8731/8710 4 1/2" mirrors fitted to minors..... so might help if still available.

like this one https://www.minispares.com/product/Clas ... |Back%20to

Taupe
liammonty
Minor Legend

Post by liammonty »

SteveClem wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:26 pm I don't recall there being a significant difference. Has your seat sagged a bit? An ex girlfriend,many years ago, managed ok in our communal Moggy and she was only 5' I''. Mind you,she did sit on a cushion.
Totally agree with SteveClem - definitely worth checking the seat hasn't sagged as it can make all the difference. If you're short, I'm guessing you pull the seat forward a bit, which in turn raises its height quite a bit, so with the seat as it should be, I reckon you may stand a fighting chance of seeing the mirror. It's always a bit marginal, though!