Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MontyMorris68
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Wing mirror nuts

Post by MontyMorris68 »

Evening,
During the long winter nights I am currently doing some refurbishment work on Monty and I am looking for some help and advice on where I can get new fixing nuts for my wing mirrors. They are currently 11mm and not the correct ones for the car (been changed before I owned the car) and they don't look nice and don't compliment the mirrors. I have attached a picture for all to see and explain as to what I am meaning.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Morris
Attachments
IMG_6867.JPG
IMG_6867.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 1247 times
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Wing mirror nuts

Post by ManyMinors »

They are Tex mirrors which were a popular accessory during Minor production and are still available I believe. The correct nuts are chrome plated domed nuts. I don't know whether they are available on their own from the manufacturer. I think manufacturing was taken over by British Motor Heritage? You might google Tex mirrors and find some information? Or find some secondhand mirrors for sale in poor condition but with the correct nuts?
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Here you go:

https://www.texautomotive.com/classic_m ... pares.html

Try contacting them, if you explain they may be able to help / let you have some.
Alternatively you may see something you like in their selection of external mirrors.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

I'm pretty sure they didn't come originally fitted with nyloc nuts :wink: