Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
PAULJ
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Remote servo

Post by PAULJ »

Hi all, just bought a remote servo for my trike. Not the moggy. Very different to the Lockheed one I have on the car. It’s heavy and all metal. Can anyone identify it please. No info wit it at all. The Lockheed ones are fitted at an angle on two plains. This one has a bleed nipple which would assist in bleeding. Any info would be greatly appreciated
8139D97F-2536-4302-8EFD-E988000A4C35.jpeg
8139D97F-2536-4302-8EFD-E988000A4C35.jpeg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 1862 times
B504551B-4BDF-474F-84C7-F858478935E7.jpeg
B504551B-4BDF-474F-84C7-F858478935E7.jpeg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 1862 times
mogbob
Minor Legend

Re: Remote servo

Post by mogbob »

Paul ( ? ) could you tell us what is on the small plate screwed / pop rivetted to the casting and also the the letters and numbers moulded into the casting itself ? It would speed up the Internet searching to establish the manufacturer. From that , it might be possible to find a set of installation instructions.
Bob
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by geoberni »

Well ones designed with the Bolted on rear plate are very rare as after market items from what I can see on the interweb.
Almost all designs use the clamp ring to hold the rear on.

However, this one looks remarkably similar: http://www.pastparts.co.uk/index.php?ro ... duct_id=77

It might steer you in the right direction.
Basil the 1955 series II

Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Sleeper »

" Lockheed Type " , I just love that word ( type ) , usually means cheap chinese copy and may just last you the year..

On the other hand???

John ;-)
PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

geoberni wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:10 am Well ones designed with the Bolted on rear plate are very rare as after market items from what I can see on the interweb.
Almost all designs use the clamp ring to hold the rear on.

However, this one looks remarkably similar: http://www.pastparts.co.uk/index.php?ro ... duct_id=77

It might steer you in the right direction.
I did see that one during my search
PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

Sleeper wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:19 pm " Lockheed Type " , I just love that word ( type ) , usually means cheap chinese copy and may just last you the year..

On the other hand???

John ;-)
John, normally I would agree. However this does seem to be good quality. Very heavy and no plastic so as you say. We will see
PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

mogbob wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 am Paul ( ? ) could you tell us what is on the small plate screwed / pop rivetted to the casting and also the the letters and numbers moulded into the casting itself ? It would speed up the Internet searching to establish the manufacturer. From that , it might be possible to find a set of installation instructions.
Bob
The plate says Maverick 6469 11B and the casting number is PPT 206-31102F
There is also another casting that says PDM.
I’ve tried to search all numbers in google. I was hoping someone may recognise it ?.
Thanks
mogbob
Minor Legend

Post by mogbob »

Paul
I've tried lots of different search combinations, on different search engines and like you I've drawn a blank.Sorry.
Hope someone else holds the clue. Bob
PAULJ
Minor Fan

Post by PAULJ »

mogbob wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:58 am Paul
I've tried lots of different search combinations, on different search engines and like you I've drawn a blank.Sorry.
Hope someone else holds the clue. Bob
Yep, strange one. I fitted it today and works very well. I’ve mounted it horizontally as there is a bleed nipple on top. Plenty of braking force. I’m going to try a larger master cylinder from 3/4 to 7/8 as there is plenty of pedal travel and will lock up the brakes very easily. This is for a trike V8 so only two brakes.
Thanks for taking the time.
Paul