Donington Historic Festival - May 1-3 2020

Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
CaliTrav
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Donington Historic Festival - May 1-3 2020

Postby CaliTrav » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Just wondering if anyone was going to this?

A group of us went last year and really enjoyed it. It's a bit different from your usual Classic Car meet and the spectacle of actual racing was a definite bonus.

Any classic car club can register - members get 1/2 price entry and free infield parking as part of the stand. There were loads of clubs there last year - everything from the 'racing cars' you might expect at a historic festival and also the more mundane stuff - like the Vauxhall Viva club - so we must be eligible!

There's also no charge for the club to sign up, so it's win win really. The only snag is that it needs a 'club official' to register on the link below by Sunday 12th April.

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/car-club-info/

Anyone on here have enough 'power' to register on behalf of the MMOC? :D

rustanov
MMOC Member: No

Re: Donington Historic Festival - May 1-3 2020

Postby rustanov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:18 pm

CaliTrav wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:41 pm
Just wondering if anyone was going to this?

A group of us went last year and really enjoyed it. It's a bit different from your usual Classic Car meet and the spectacle of actual racing was a definite bonus.

Any classic car club can register - members get 1/2 price entry and free infield parking as part of the stand. There were loads of clubs there last year - everything from the 'racing cars' you might expect at a historic festival and also the more mundane stuff - like the Vauxhall Viva club - so we must be eligible!

There's also no charge for the club to sign up, so it's win win really. The only snag is that it needs a 'club official' to register on the link below by Sunday 12th April.

http://BROKEN LINK, DO NOT FOLLOW/

Anyone on here have enough 'power' to register on behalf of the MMOC? :D
Ein Freund von mir hat einen Ford Taunus P7 Club. Ich teilte sofort den Link mit ihm. Ich hoffe, ein Beamter kann sich auch hier für uns registrieren.

geoberni
Minor Legend

Postby geoberni » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm

Just bit of info for everyone about this.
A) I've looked at the link Calitrav provided last year and it is now linking to the same event scheduled as for 1st/2nd May 2021

B) However, if you click on the same link, in the quoted post, it's been manipulated to actually go to a German site that's to do with German caravans & motor homes (clever little so and so this new person, waiting over a week since they joined the forum before spamming).
Their comment actually reads
A friend of mine owns a Ford Taunus P7 Club. I immediately shared the link with him. I hope an officer can register for us here too.
So as a Spammer, they're maintaining their cover to the end......

and
C) I've flagged it with the Admin/Mods to get them chopped from the site as a Spammer.

Vielen Danke Rustanov :wink:

Admin/Mod - Fell free to delete this post to :lol:
Basil the 1955 series II

simmitc

Postby simmitc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:03 pm

The spammer is now banned, and I've broken the link. I'm leaving his post plus Berni's explanation as it's quite instructive. I will also lock this topic. If anyone wants to have the spam post removed, then feel free to contact me.