Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
santadawes
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: South Wales Morris Minor Spring Run 2010

Post by santadawes »

Sorry for that bad news Limegreen. Never mind you and you accompany driver are still most welcome to attend. Once you get those bumps out you won't be looking back. It is afterall the start of the summer season.
So lets BRING IT ON.

I have sent text messages to some of the people whos coming along but I think I would like to have an upto date list so to all those who have expressed an interest in coming along, please can you let me know now and please state where you intend to join us. The options are the start line at
The Barn Llantristant 10.30am - 11.15am.
Newport A48 tredgar Park Gates 11.30.
Coldra M4 J24 on the A48. 11.55 midday
Caerwent. Coach & Horses 12.10
Chepstow Castle. 12.30pm.
Tintern Abbey 1pm - 1.30pm
My contact details are email santadawes@hotmail.com Mobile 07941794658 or you can pm me here. Thank You all.

Pikey
Minor Fan

Post by Pikey »

Im coming, should be a great day out and the first run of the year for me. Hopefully the weather will hold for us all, I too as Blaketon has said I noted that Metcheck (or Metguess) said terrible weather rain goodness knows what for sunday but today it says gorgeous warm sunshine.

I should be at the tredegar park entrance around 11:15ish, who else is meeting there as well, just so that I know who to look for :D

Regards

Steve B

santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

My Brother with his white Merc. Rob Manuel, My almost son-inlaw with his saab (he's coming to take some photo's for youtube etc). Blaketon Might be there, Colin Deakins with his Traveller, and John White with a white saloon.

millerman
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by millerman »

Looking forward to joining you by the old Taylor's Cafe site on the A 48 just off the Codra Roundabout at mid-day

Colin
MColes
Minor Legend

Post by MColes »

pjh56 wrote:
MColes wrote:Spent the last two days doing the bodywork on my car and everything is back in shape and the colour it should be :D So I'm definitely going to be there :D
Have i missed something? did you have different colour blues on the car? only because i had the same problem with my car it had been sprayed in several different shades of blue only slightly but the garage picked up on it so i have had it sprayed the one colour all over. Looks much better now :D
I had a bit of a prang and things needed knocking back into shape then sanding down and new paint put on. All sorted now thank God! :D

I'll be meeting you at The Barn 8)
Matt Coles
Young Members Registrar

Find out more about the Young Members Register HERE
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

If we can get the mog on the trailer we'll bring her to the abbey, but the parts are being very slow to arrive. I'm nagging dad to get me to the abbey well in time to see you all pull in and snap some action shots!
The green one is definetly not safe for the road!
santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Hi Limegreen. If you do manage to bring the Morris it is very likely that we will be using the field behind the Anchor pub. Because last year we entered the Abbey via the car park and the Sunday visitors were out in force not leaving enough space for three Morris's. So with 30 Morris's/Classics in tow I will be looking at parking on the field behind. I have googled maped the area and it looks like that when we are done we could drive through the back of the building (Tea room) and drive through the car park and onto the main road. I think one of the best places to grab a photo shot would be outside the Abbey Hotel thats directly opposit the Abbey. What do you think?
Raymond.

limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

santadawes wrote:Hi Limegreen. If you do manage to bring the Morris it is very likely that we will be using the field behind the Anchor pub. Because last year we entered the Abbey via the car park and the Sunday visitors were out in force not leaving enough space for three Morris's. So with 30 Morris's/Classics in tow I will be looking at parking on the field behind. I have googled maped the area and it looks like that when we are done we could drive through the back of the building (Tea room) and drive through the car park and onto the main road. I think one of the best places to grab a photo shot would be outside the Abbey Hotel thats directly opposit the Abbey. What do you think?
Raymond.
Ah yes, I'd go for the field, just hope there's no car boot sale on the go! I seem to remember it getting much smaller anywho, so there should be space in there even if there's a car boot. If not, there are a few other places to park, such as hotels and the mill car park. The lane down to the back of the field is okay to park in though. Outside the hotel would be a pretty good place, though surely a bit of a hassle to get everybody unparked and over there? Then again, if you're all happy to do it I'll gladly take shots! (: I'm happy to compose shots wherever the moggies land, to be honest! Even a field can be photographed well. There is a gate out through the courtyard of the Anchor, and also a gate out onto the main road at the top end of the field.
I'll try to wear something peculiar to stick out so you can all recogise me... perhaps my purple fedora hat/morris tshirt combo.
1pm, right?
Any and all photos I take will be posted up here, and if requested I can email the original files to the owners of the cars.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

limegreen wrote:I'll try to wear something peculiar to stick out so you can all recogise me...
:o The mind boggles :lol:
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

Blaketon wrote:
limegreen wrote:I'll try to wear something peculiar to stick out so you can all recogise me...
:o The mind boggles :lol:
it'll likely be a bright green hoodie, with a morris shirt underneath, depending on weather (: i used to have loads of odd clothes, but i grew out of most of them.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Well I think something green has just got to come into it, though hopefully not wellies!!

I’m now in something of a contortion, having had so much crossed for so long for fine weather. The weather people have done their usual trick of covering themselves both ways :roll: , so as per usual, I’ll wait and see. I have a feeling it might be wet and I blame myself :oops: . I cleaned the MG V8 yesterday and put it away under its dustsheet in the garage, which has probably done it :cry: . If I was planning to use the Midget, that would almost guarantee wet weather :evil: :evil: .
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

Blaketon wrote:Well I think something green has just got to come into it, though hopefully not wellies!!

I’m now in something of a contortion, having had so much crossed for so long for fine weather. The weather people have done their usual trick of covering themselves both ways :roll: , so as per usual, I’ll wait and see. I have a feeling it might be wet and I blame myself :oops: . I cleaned the MG V8 yesterday and put it away under its dustsheet in the garage, which has probably done it :cry: . If I was planning to use the Midget, that would almost guarantee wet weather :evil: :evil: .
Its wales, of course it'll rain! (:
santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Come on now you peoples. Positive, positive, positive, No matter what the weather We being the Morris Minor people, Can get their cars out and enjoy the day no matter what the weather. Metcheck say that rain/damp start to early Sunday morning but by 10am clearing for the better.
People don't quiet remember what the weather was doing but will certainly remember when over 20+ Morris's came and took the towns and citys by storm.
I have finished bagging up the goodie bags, printed and folded the booklets, arranged the pick up points, sorted out raffle prizes and other gifts. Now its wait for Saturday to do any last minute car tinkering/washing, waxing etc. I suppose it will be just like waiting for your birthday to arrive when I was just a lad.
Now no matter what happens weather wise let's BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Ok. Is everybody ready?
Are your picnic's packed?
Are your vehicles fuelled up?

I have been waiting for this moment for months and now it's here.
Metcheck has given good weather for tomorrow http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/ my post code is NP44 7PJ
So it's off to bed and see you Tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :roll:

If you need any help please give me a call on

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Well despite slightly less than perfect weather, what a damned good day :D . What a great bunch you are :D . A great route, though a part of Gwent that I'm not over familar with; Caerwent was really nice (And the weather was at it's best there); the tea and cake stop was really great. I'm going to take myself off to Usk and Caerleon one day and then stop off at that place in Caerwent for lunch. Of course, I know the Tintern road (Ever since I froze my **** off in the back of an Army Land Rover, many years ago) and would return home the way we went today. Glad to have introduced you to the old A40 from Monmouth to Raglan. Now all I need is a free day to do it!!
Pikey
Minor Fan

Post by Pikey »

Many thanks to all for a really enjoyable day.
May I also especially thank Ray and all of his helpers for creating such a well organised run. I really enjoyed my self driving good old kingpin.
The weather held for us all 'just'. It was a little damp around the edges sometimes, but nothing thats worth writing about.

Again many thanks to all, and I cant wait for the next run!

Ive got some pictures on my camera which I'll try and upload tomorrow.

Thats all the photos I have of the day, I seem to have forgotten to take any at Caerwent :o(

Regards

Steve B[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Last edited by Pikey on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

millerman
Minor Addict

Post by millerman »

Thanks Ray and S Wales MMOC for organising, goody bag and hospitality and, of course, interesting locations
MColes
Minor Legend

Post by MColes »

Well what a great day! Big thanks to Ray. I'll upload some photos tomorrow.

I wonder if Jon and Lou have got home yet? :lol:
Matt Coles
Young Members Registrar

Find out more about the Young Members Register HERE
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

Yes, got home at about 8.00pm. Lovely day out, the weather seemed to pick up after you all left Tintern Abbey :lol: . Thanks to Ray for organising the event. We'll try to keep up with more of the roadrun next time! :(
The chauffeur driven trip home was most pleasant...[frame]Image[/frame]
I'll load some more pictures tomorrow

Jon Rocke
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

wow, the weather did indeed pick up! glad you got home ok jon!

well, i have some photo editing to do, but they will all be up in the next few days, didnt get many taken, sadly, was very busy catching snippets of conversation! tehee.

thankyou santa for the goodie bag, I have been looking for a mug such as that FOREVER, honestly, you do not know how long I have wanted one. Now i can have a cup of tea on the bus in in the morning, hooray! havent had a chance to play with the bottle opener yet, but it will certainly come in useful in my new job (bar tender).

plus it was nice to see the moggies next to some jensens.