NEW VENUE UP FOR GRABS

Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
redsteamer
MMOC Member: No

NEW VENUE UP FOR GRABS

Post by redsteamer »

Hello everybody,my name is Ross Fletcher i`m the vice chairman of Shirebrook Staff Sports and Social Club in Shirebrook near Mansfield.We have a very clean,secure 6 acre field sat doing nothing,i`m in the process of trying to get events/rallies on this field,i`ve just had a successful classic and vintage vehicle weekender which went down quite well,now i`m looking to organise another weekender hopefully this year and wondering if the mmoc would be interested.We have a fenced in safe clean field with 24 hour manned security,24 hour toilets,hot clean showers,plenty of room for camping and caravanning,food including breakfasts and most of all a very friendly social club.All we want is this club to stay open and rallies/events like this could be the saviour.All i`m asking is £5 a vehicle to camp this fee will help me fund advertising for future events and entertainment in the club for overnight stayers.Please consider my invitation and i hope to hear from you soon,thanks for reading Ross 07929629944
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: NEW VENUE UP FOR GRABS

Post by bmcecosse »

Sorry to see you getting absolutely no response to your amazing offer Ross. Too far away to be of interest to me - but shocking that none of the MMOC branches near you are interested in what sounds like a great field for a Rally. Unfortunately - there is a lot of inertia in the MMOC to anything new........... There - maybe that will get them going! :P
ImageImage
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

The Branches in that area have been informed, but unfortunately no one has been on the Board recently (holidays?) :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
RDV461
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by RDV461 »

Hi Ross,

Paul here Chairman of the Mansfield Branch. I have just been notified today of your venue and posting. I will happily cotact you about this. I do not get much time to check every post on the board so am grateful to Lou for passing this on to me today :-)

We are organised for our regional rally this year as it has been booked for several months. I would however like to visit you and check out your facilities with a view of organising something either later this year or as our venue for next years Rally.

You can contact me through our Branch website www.madmog.mmoc.org.uk or 0775 1018196

I will be in touch shortly.

Kind regards
Paul Temple
[sig]8346[/sig]
redsteamer

Post by redsteamer »

hello everybody,just a bit of an update on the new venue up for grabs.thanks to the 3 people that replied to the thread and i`m now in contact with paul from the mansfield branch in hopefully organising a rally/event in the near future.Also if this is of any interest i`ve successfully organised a vw campervan rally in july,2 members of the club came and had a look and were more than impressed in what i had to offer and went away very excited with the prospect of it being a major yearly venue to hold their rallies.hopefully i can impress the mmoc with what we have and you will take up on my offer.thanks again Ross