Harpenden Classics on the Common 28/7

Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Eastblock
MMOC Member: No

Harpenden Classics on the Common 28/7

Post by Eastblock »

Is anyone going to the Classics on the Common show in Harpenden tomorrow? I'm not there with a vehicle but will go to see the cars on display. As I'm planning to enter into Minor ownership it would be nice to meet some Minor owners and pick their brains about what to look out for when buying one.

Michael
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Re: Harpenden Classics on the Common 28/7

Post by dalebrignall »

i will probally be going
[sig]5641[/sig]
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hi Michael there used to be quite a lot from our branch that used to go to this event which has a large variety of vehicles, but due to increased costs £6 this year quite a few of no longer go as to pay to an afternoon/early evening event when the public see it all for free means that all the money raised is coming from the car owners and not the visiting public which really doesn't seem fair as without the cars there would be no event.
Especially as next wednesday the similar event at Croxley Green is free to entrants.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
Eastblock

Post by Eastblock »

I agree it is a bit of an odd format but attendance was good this year. Saw some Minors as well but none of them had the owners around at the time. I'm going to see a Minor this evening so fingers crossed it doesn't get snapped up before then.
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

there will be more of us at croxley green harpenden is getting too big it was very hard to look at stuff and to top it all a woman with a chariety bucket came up to me whilst i was sitting outside a pup eating a meal and said would i like to put some money in the bucket i said no i have already paid when i entered my car then she said we have arranged all this then i said without people like me you would not have an event. she then went . i dont think ill bother going next year .
[sig]5641[/sig]