Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
boody227
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Barnsley Minors Event. Elsecar 10th May

Post by boody227 »

Hi all, not a member of the Barnsley branch yet although I am in Barnsley. They have an event on at Elsecar heritage centre this Sunday 10th May.
Just thought I'd pop something on here. I'll see you there! :-)
Cheers, Luke
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Re: Barnsley Minors Event. Elsecar 10th May

Post by chesney »

Hi,
The Leeds branch will be there for certain. I plan to tag along with them, so see you there :D
I'll be in my green Traveller. Come and say hello if you find us!
boody227
Minor Friendly

Post by boody227 »

I will do, i wont be in my morris as its in pieces although ill be taking plenty of photos for references, Especially around the bottoms of the b and c Posts as they were rotten so building up with weld is just guess work at the moment. Although the 80% of welding is complete.
Luke
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by win »

Hi all
I will be there too, always an enjoyable day, based at an original National Coal Board engineering workshops, full of loads of interesting stuff.

Lots of other engineering stuff to see, steam engines and an original beam engine, I was an apprentice in that area, a few years ago, just after the beam engine era.

Good weather forecast too.

Regards Win
South Yorkshire
boody227
Minor Friendly

Post by boody227 »

I know it well, Im a volunteer at the Steam railway, Have been for almost 5 years. Ive been firing steam loco's 3 years this year! Only 13 months and ill be a driver!
Cheers Luke
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

Well, I only live in Stocksbridge so thought I would pop down for a quick couple of hours. Time is very limited with a young family. Last year I promised myself I would return this year with my own car. After spending a lot of time admiring the lovely splitscreen Black Traveller with the MG engine and Riley brakes I knew exactly what I wanted. It gives me great pleasure to show you Woody, proudly parked next to the Barnsley Secretary's cute little 2dr. Thanks for letting me join you.[frame]Image[/frame]
Next was this stunning late Aqua Traveller with the stunning new Weller wheels, great to see in the flesh and looked really special with the chrome powder coating. Another one of my favourite colours due to its rarity and the way it compliments the wood.[frame]Image[/frame]
Then was the wonderfully restored Forestry Van.[frame]Image[/frame]
Which had the most lovely detailed engine bay[frame]Image[/frame]
Here are a few pictures of the rally overal[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Next was this lovely, well used Traveller with very solid wood, the lack of wheel trims really suited its used look.[frame]Image[/frame]
Wish my rear lights looked like this[frame]Image[/frame]
And I think we all recognise this car, I like the lack of over riders, a lovely colour for a non standard car, very classy[frame]Image[/frame]
Another nice colour combination for a converted 2dr.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
And another nice red interior, this time on a lovely 1000 Convertible[frame]Image[/frame]
And as a fan of Fast N Loud, who could resist a set of red wheels on a black 2dr, very nice and very tempted to have a go myself.[frame]Image[/frame]
And as a final little treat, in the public car park I found this lovely little rat rod on 15" minilights. A car I've been wanting to look at for a while as its only local in High Green (near the mother in laws!).[frame]Image[/frame]
In all, another great little rally, the weather held up and nice to see a few Volkswagens, lovely Mini on Cosmics, a Bond Bug and even a 308 amongst others. If any one would like a copy of a photo please personal message me with a proper email address as these are reduced by 50% to post them. Well done and see you in a couple of months at the national (prob only Sat though).

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Excellent pics, thanks for sharing 8)
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Great pictures and love the aqua traveller
boody227
Minor Friendly

Post by boody227 »

I paticularly liked the cream traveller with the small morris style caravan in tow. I also liked the idea of the back half of a scrap car modified into a trailer!!
Luke