Traveller automatic for sale

You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.

Moderator: Moderators

rileymph1934
MMOC Member: Yes

Traveller automatic for sale

Postby rileymph1934 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:56 am

This is a 1971 Traveller bought as a virtual wreck in 2011 to rebuild for my wife. It took two years with much welding and replacing metalwork that in some cases wasn't there anyway! It was rebuilt with a view to being an everyday car so it has steering column switchgear, from a MK 1 Cortina, front seats from an MGF, two speed wipers, halogen headlights, heated windscreen, heated rear door windows plus new carpets. Mechanically, it has new front uprights and trunnions, new brake and master cylinders, new wheel bearings all round and new handbrake cables.
Unfortunately my wife has progressive MS so the clutch foot was struggling a bit so I had the idea of making the car automatic. Cutting a long and difficult story short, it now has a Toyota Starlet auto box and torque converter. The Toyota was 1300cc so I thought the Morris 1098cc engine would also suit the auto box; This is the case. In fact I prefer it to the manual set-up.
I have also fitted a remote brake servo. I have kept the front brakes as drums because discs would not be any better; It would have been a lot of work for no gain.
All in all this is a good useable car. Cosmetically it now needs tidying up, again, and it also has the usual oil leak from the back of the engine. I would have done something about this but circumstances change: we really a vehicle with four seats, five doors with room at the rear for my wife's mobility scooter, hence the sale of the Traveller.
I am looking for £3995. With all the new stuff in the car it should be worth that!
Contact me on 07802367993, I live near Carnforth, North Lancs.
Attachments
RIMG0015.JPG
Inside details
RIMG0015.JPG (2.02 MiB) Viewed 579 times
RIMG0014.JPG
Inside details
RIMG0014.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 579 times
RIMG0013.JPG
Steering column switchgear
RIMG0013.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 579 times
RIMG0012.JPG
MGF seats