1961 4-door saloon for sale

You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.

Moderator: Moderators

boadrw
MMOC Member: No

1961 4-door saloon for sale

Postby boadrw » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Bodywork and interior a bit tatty but car is used regularly for local journeys and with an MOT until April 2019. It has always been garaged since I acquired it in 1983. Reluctant sale owing to ill health.
First registered in September 1961 but someone suggested to me that it may have been manufactured earlier than that because of details such as originally having trafficators fitted.
It originally had a 948cc engine but a replacement 1098cc engine was fitted about 30 years ago, along with a factory-reconditioned Gold Seal gearbox. The car has only clocked up a couple of thousand miles since then because it only does a few hundred miles per year.
Otherwise it is pretty much original although the trafficators have been replaced by the more usual indicator lights. It does not have its original number plate because I acquired it from a cherished number dealer who had already reassigned its original registration.
It spent 15 years unused in my garage until it was brought back to life 14 years ago by a professional classic car restorer who was asked to do the basic work necessary to get it running again and MOT-ed.
Priced at £950 this represents an affordable entry level to Minor ownership. Tel: 07510 303721. Location: Brentwood, Essex.
IMG_2822 - Copy (640x480).jpg
IMG_2822 - Copy (640x480).jpg (281.28 KiB) Viewed 276 times