1955 split screen 2 door saloon

You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.

Moderator: Moderators

guystrungout
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

1955 split screen 2 door saloon

Postby guystrungout » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:27 pm

After 11 years of ownership and use as my daily run about, I am selling my lovely car.
She needs a nice dry garage and a new owner who is happy to do the work required.
She is almost entirely original but, at some time before I owned her, been painted satin black.
The engine is 1098cc in place of the original 803.
In the time I have had her I have replaced the engine twice, the last time was in Oct 2018, when she had a set of new bearings and pistons, valve guides and a new clutch and has done just over 2000 miles since.
In 2017 I replaced the front wings and did repair work to the inner wings and replaced the front struts and top and bottom trunnions.
Eye bolt bushes, upper trunnion bushes and rear leaf spring bushes are all silicon replacements
The brakes and trunnions are adjusted and greased regularly and a new master cylinder was fitted around 5 years ago.
She has a stainless exhaust, an alternator conversion, halogen headlights and has had new front and rear windscreen rubbers in the last 2 years.
The car is MOT and tax exempt and has been regularly serviced and maintained throughout my ownership.
The interior is not pristine but is not in bad condition and the drivers seat needs replacing or recovering.
She is a good solid car that looks her age and has had some welding over the years but isn't a rot box. The rear wings need attention and she could do with a respray, but she drives and stops beautifully.
She also comes with a genuine 1950's steel sunvisor.
I have lots of photos but unfortunately it seems I can only load a maximum of 5.
The car is in North Dorset, near Gillingham, and I'm looking for £2,200 ovno.
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (43.99 KiB) Viewed 547 times
8.JPG
8.JPG (44.9 KiB) Viewed 547 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (44.38 KiB) Viewed 547 times
6.JPG
6.JPG (47.15 KiB) Viewed 547 times
4.JPG
4.JPG (42.47 KiB) Viewed 547 times
[sig]8189[/sig]<forward into the past>