1954 2 door, Series 2 original £4500

You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.

Moderator: Moderators

dawpooldad
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

1954 2 door, Series 2 original £4500

Postby dawpooldad » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:13 pm

1954 2 Door Morris Minor Series II 803cc saloon in Birch Grey.
In almost original condition, having been kept “as is” as much as possible, since it was purchased in 1983 (36 yrs. ago). Affectionately known as “Mowwiss”, the mileage, which is believed to be original, is 67000. When we bought the car, it was 49000, so, we’ve only done18000 miles in that time! It is tax and Mot exempt and we were once offered £1200 for the registration, but it is part of the car so we declined.
It has had :-
• Fully overhauled Engine (Full details on request).
• Unleaded head plus new rocker shaft and bushes.
• Electronic ignition Inc. new coil.
• Temp. Gauge and Ammeter.
• Stainless Steel exhaust.
• New wiring loom.
• All new brakes, master and wheel cyls, pipes and Silicone brake fluid.
• Complete new fuel system from new tank through to new pump to carb.
• Rose jointed clutch mechanism.

The body work is in great condition for a 65 year old car that has grown old gracefully, but it would not take much restoration to bring it up to show level. It has “Patina” writ large. The underneath is solid and original except for having had a new nearside front chassis leg fitted in 1999 due, to a split in the tie bar mount.
It has been Waxoyled completely since our acquisition and is “topped up “every year.
It has had many various additions Inc. seat belts, flashing trafficators and indicators, plus lots of other mods to improve reliability but above all, safety.
It even still has the original carpets which are very threadbare but, I have a brand new set from Newton Commercial, which is included, ready to go in.

It will be a huge wrench to part with this car, but after 36 years it is time to move on. We're looking for a custodian/enthusiast to carry on caring for and loving this car.
There’s lots of history including the original green log book, handbook, Mots, receipts, tax discs and a BMIT Heritage certificate, also, lots of Ser II parts and bits and bobs.

We have it on agreed value insurance for £8000, but we are looking for £4500. So, if you’re interested, pm me for more details or come and have a look and see what you think. You can call me on 07726523355. We are located on the Wirral, Merseyside.
1.jpg
1.jpg (3.84 MiB) Viewed 406 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (4.17 MiB) Viewed 406 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (4.12 MiB) Viewed 406 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 406 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (3.85 MiB) Viewed 406 times
1954 Series 2 that actually belongs to the missus. Been in the family since 1983 and affectionately know as "Mowwisss" as christened by my daughters when they were younger.