1950 MM Lowlight Tourer For Sale

You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.
Oldmowgli
MMOC Member: No

1950 MM Lowlight Tourer For Sale

Postby Oldmowgli » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:35 am

Hi fellow Minor enthusiasts...
I have a 1950 MM Tourer for sale, complete and in pretty good condition. This car is a genuine tourer, not a chop top. I have the BMIHT Certified copy of the factory record, which will be supplied to the buyer. Car was built in Feb 1950, and all numbers match. Exterior colour is Black, and it has a beige interior, (seats are in good condition, beige with navy blue piping). It has a black Vinyl hood with sidescreens in matching Vinyl covered frames. A few pics are being attached.
We bought this car 12 years ago, intending to do a full restoration, but over the years several other MM and MG / Sprite projects, a couple of house moves, and a major home re-build have been wedged in ahead of it (I am currently working on another MM project car...), so our plans for this one are changing, and we have come to the decision that it needs to be sold to someone who wants a Tourer and can give it a new lease of life.
It has been stored in a Clean, dry garage most of the 12 years, and prior to that it was owned by a couple in NSW who were using it as an occasional wedding car. It has been restored at some time in the past - I'd guess about 20 years ago. Structurally it is great. Chrome is quite good. Paintwork is Ok, but I think a repaint would be advised. Mechanically it was running fine a few years ago, but after this time standing it needs all of the fluids draining, and a good clean out before re-starting. I can do all that and give compression values etc.
This car offers anyone who desires a genuine LL Tourer, the best possible option to get hold of one and potentially to restore into a stunning concourse car. I have owned many Minors in the UK and in Australia and have had 3 Lowlights here, and have amassed a number of spares for them. I also have many LL parts that I will consider selling in addition to this car, as they will not be needed when this car goes. (Including a spare LL Sidevalve engine, 2 LL gearboxes (one which has been completely rebuilt and is in great condition - though it's not the one originally in this car) ) a set of LL wheels etc etc.)
That's the good news.
The bad news is I'm afraid that the car and all of the parts are here in Australia - so it would need to be packed and shipped back to the UK if you are keen.
It would be great to see one of these lovely rare models repatriated.. if you like the idea - send me an email with contact details and I will call you back at a convenient time.
Asking price is offers over $12,500 AUD (Approx 6,600 GBP). Please don't waste my time if you think you might try a low bid.
To contact me, my email address is: farlington@iinet.net.au and my phone number here is: 0061 447 585742.
Please remember that we are 10 hours ahead of the UK !!
Thanks. Martin Younger (Oldmowgli)
Attachments
Front View.JPG
Front View.JPG (485.54 KiB) Viewed 353 times
interior.jpg
interior.jpg (25.86 KiB) Viewed 353 times
interior2.jpg
interior2.jpg (28.12 KiB) Viewed 353 times
open top.jpg
open top.jpg (30.27 KiB) Viewed 353 times
rear.jpg
rear.jpg (27.33 KiB) Viewed 353 times