For Sale: 1968 Trafalgar Blue 2 Door Morris Minor 1000; Offers around £3950; Scarborough, North Yorkshire.
Vyolet could be yours if you live in the UK - she currently resides with me in Scarborough, North Yorkshire.
I've had Vyolet since purchase in September 2018, when I drive her 300+ miles from Chichester to home in Scarborough. In that time since she has continued to be a great companion over another 700+ miles. She is running beautifully in my opinion and I use her only occasionally in good weather around Scarborough, North Yorkshire. She is tax exempt and is MOT exempt - although before selling I made sure she has had a new MOT this week (19/07/2021-18/07/22).
A lot of mechanical improving work was carried out professionally between 4/5 years ago, listed below. Please note (in brief) that she has servo assisted front disc brakes, an alternator and electronic ignition distributer and much, much else…
• Engine rebuild and conversion to unleaded
• Fitted front disc brakes and servo
• Fitted rear suspension dampers
• Alternator conversion
• New front windscreen
• Front wishbone, driver’s side
• Electronic ignition conversion
• New starter motor
• Installed Smiths clock
• Installed Smiths Water Temperature Gauge
• Installed Smiths Oil Pressure Gauge
• Fitted oil filter conversion to spin on/off type
• New rear heated windscreen and wiring
• Inertia-reel seat-belts front & rear
• Halogen headlight conversion
• New indicator switch and electronic flasher unit
• New heater valve and hoses
• New radiator hoses
• New battery
• Repaired boot lock
• Replaced door pulls
• 12V charger socket
• Side window rubbers
• Door seals/draught excluder
• Fit left and right Lucas door mirrors
• Replaced washer pump switch
• Repaired left courtesy light door switch
• Replaced courtesy light cover
• Replaced courtesy light with LED
• Rear fog light and wiring/switch
• Reversing light wiring/switch
• New two-speed wiper motor fitted and two position switch
After 3 years of ownership, she needed 2 small sections of welding for the new MOT (Professionally carried out: to inner floor area at offside front and to torsion bar mounting in centre).
The bodywork will need some TLC in the foreseeable future as rust is presenting in usual areas, noticeably most in the passenger door and rear nearside wing, and also in the other wings and under the roof line at the rear – I have many photos but this site only allows for 5 to be uploaded - please contact me for others.
The headlining, carpet and seats are good, with inertia reel seatbelts fitted front and rear.
The gear lever does not jump out of gear.
Mileage indicated (34.430) is for reference only as I don't know how many times it has gone round the clock; Vyolet has done approximately 6000 miles since the engine was stripped and rebuilt. Between May 2016 and May 2018, the recorded mileage was 24,000 – 32,300
Please note the following:
• The car is advertised on other sites and I reserve the right to end this advert early if the car is sold.
• The car will be sold as seen, with no warranty, so I advise that prospective buyers view before purchase.
• The buyer collects - no exporting outside the UK.
• The buyer pays by bank transfer (which must be received first)
• The buyer must collect within 5 days unless an agreed arrangement is made.
You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- IMG_20210721_131252 copy.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 157 times
- IMG_20210721_122554 copy.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 157 times
- IMG_20210721_113048~2 copy.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 157 times
- IMG_20210721_113036~2 copy.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 157 times
- IMG_20210721_112957~2 copy.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 157 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest