1958 Minor 1000 2dr Saloon for restoration

You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.
Paulsms
MMOC Member: No

1958 Minor 1000 2dr Saloon for restoration

Postby Paulsms » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:21 pm

For sale is my 1958 Morris Minor 948cc 2dr saloon, in black with lovely original red seats.
I have had this car since March 2009 and in all that time she has only done around 3,000 miles.
Although I don't have much paper history I was told by the guy I purchased the car from (an MMOC member) that it only had one owner, Mrs. M. R. Ford from 1958 through to her death in 2008 and the car was purchased by him through probate.
By the time Mrs. Ford died she was 94 years old and yet the Morris was still her daily transport and at the time still had a current MOT. It was clear that Mrs. Ford's driving skills had deteriorated over time as the poor thing was a little battle scarred.
The car came with (and still has) its original bill of sale, its original Morris Warranty certificate, the original Operation Manual and some pictures showing Mrs. Ford enjoying using the Morris on a camping trip and in some very snowy conditions. At some point Mrs. Ford had had a towbar fitted and I understand she had a trailer-tent which she used regularly.
In my early days of ownership I replaced the carpets and headlining and these are still in very good condition.
The car has most of its MOT's from 1995, when the odometer showed 45,155 miles through to 2012 when she had 59,572 miles on the clock. There is also a folder of invoices for my expenditure on the car, plus various show entry certificates, the original eBay advertisement when I purchased it and several Minor Matters (MMOC magazines).
In September 2020 she went to my mechanic's garage for a bit of a checkover (a kind of mini MOT) and was treated to four new Bridgestone tyres, brake pipes and wheel cylinders and a small bit of welding. This, he felt, made the car good enough to pass an MOT, although she was not officially put in for one.
Now, she is a restoration project - she starts first time, runs very sweetly, and stops. According to my mechanic she is pretty solid underneath but her bodywork is beginning to show signs of deterioration, but really only one front wing seems unsalvageable. She does come with a replacement (blue) boot lid.
I'd like her to go to someone who will fully restore her as she is too good to break for parts etc. She still has her original registration number from Chelmsford, Essex and this has been valued at £1250 on its own.
The car is situated in South Norfolk - please contact me for pictures - I can take pictures of anything specific if required - just get in touch.
This is your chance to own a very genuine, original little Moggie with a great history - all ready for you to bring back to its former glory. £2,850.