Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mr_Moggie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Insurance Help Please

Post by Mr_Moggie »

Hello :-),

On the 16th April I successfully passed my driving test (first time on both parts), and at the end of the month my dad sorted the insurance out so that I was a full driver rather than a provisional driver, and the change meant that I could drive for a month.

My insurance is valid until the end of the month and I'm wondering - are there any insurance groups that are linked to the Young Members section of the Owner's Club? Not long ago (say about a fortnight) me and mum looked for quotes for me on confused.com and gocompare.com with dad as a named driver and I got quotes as cheap as £1,466 (there was a £1,467 quote which offered alot more e.g. Courtesy car, breakdown cover, etc.), and I'm wondering if it would be possible if any insurers that are linked with the Young Members section of the Owner's Club would offer me cheaper quotes?

Thank you :-),

Mr_Moggie.

LouiseM

Re: Insurance Help Please

Post by LouiseM »

Congratulations on passing your test :D

The club has a young owners scheme with Footman James which offers good rates for young Minor drivers - most insurers don't offer classic car insurance for under 25's. Their contact details are here: http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/enthusiast-clubs/m

Phone them rather than get an on-line quote though, and make sure that you say that you are an MMOC member (I'm assuming you are?). And it's also worth visiting the Young Members Facebook Group (if you haven't already) - details at the top of this page.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Mr_Moggie
Minor Friendly

Post by Mr_Moggie »

Thank you Louise,

I'll give them a ring so I can see what they have to offer (I'll mention that I'm part of the club too :-) ).

MColes
Minor Legend

Post by MColes »

If you're on the young members group on facebook drop a message to Dave Youngs, he works for Footman James and is always willing to help out the young members. I really can't thank him enough for all the time and effort he puts in helping out members of the register :D
Matt Coles
Young Members Registrar

Find out more about the Young Members Register HERE
AlTroakex
Minor Friendly

Post by AlTroakex »

got my test tomorrow, Quote from Footman James £1400 fully comp £900 TFT.
The harder I fall, the bigger I bounce.

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Good luck for the test - let us know how you get on :)

Eric - 1971 Traveller
MColes
Minor Legend

Post by MColes »

AlTroakex wrote:got my test tomorrow, Quote from Footman James £1400 fully comp £900 TFT.
Good Luck!

You kept the car after then, the ex Cardiff Police car? Did you get all the work that needed doing on it done?
Matt Coles
Young Members Registrar

Find out more about the Young Members Register HERE
AlTroakex
Minor Friendly

Post by AlTroakex »

LouiseM wrote:Good luck for the test - let us know how you get on :)
I don't want to talk about it, 5 minutes to go with only one minor and decided to drive on the wrong side of the road. :oops: :cry: I had it in the bag! Was planning to take the girlfriend out for this long weekend too, even her mother wants me to take her out to the beach!

And yes Matt, I have kept the ex-panda. It's a slow process at the moment. Having to pay a friend of Papa's to do most of the work. Had problem with water seeping in through somewhere, managed to eliminate most of that. But she starts first time every time! Not bad considering she's left on the road and only driven when Dad goes to golf or we both go out. :) At least that's one positive I can take from today...
The harder I fall, the bigger I bounce.