For owners of Pandas and other ex-police minors
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
lynda
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Support needed for Lottery funding bid!

Post by lynda »

You may already know that my husband (pskipper on here) and I have a very rotten 1966 police panda traveller.

It's in terrible condition but is incredibly rare - the only known english survivor that was a police panda traveller (there is one other Edinburgh one).

We have been having discussions with the Heritage Lottery Fund about them providing funding to get the car restored. They think it sounds like a good project at pre-application stage, and we have a really good chance of getting funding. We now need to move on to the full application stage, but in order to submit that part we need some help with supporting the bid...

Part of the interest for the lottery is the opportunities for the Lincoln University conservation students to get involved and other volunteers.There will also be oral history research and archival research to find out more about the history of the car, and then designing a display to take to shows. Potentially we could loan the car and display to local museums if there was enough interest from them. We'd really aim for the car to be done in time for the National rally in 2013, as the car needs to be seen by lots of people we'd try and get round as many shows as we could!

As part of the lottery application they ask for letters of support for the project. If you think it sounds like a worthwhile project, I would really appreciate it if you could consider writing a supportive letter. We are planning to submit the application in early August, so a letter would need to reach me by the 1st August please! Please pm for our address...

Thank you!
santadawes
Minor Addict

Re: Support needed for Lottery funding bid!

Post by santadawes »

What a great idea. You seem to have a good case there. On the down side of things I have sat on a village hall committee that was asking for lottery money and the process is a long and hard one. We as a committee submitted over four bids to them and each one a fail. As a result of this I no longer "Do" the lottery and my money is spent else where. As this is a different sort of bid I wish you luck.
Raymond.

pskipper
Minor Fan

Post by pskipper »

Just to update anyone who is interested. We didn't get the bid, apparently not enough value to the community and the club's paperwork wasn't considered sufficient proof of it being non-profit :roll:

Never mind, we'll just have to do him up slower, but it would have been nice to get him to the 100 years of Morris and 60 years of Travellers.
Philip, Lynda and the cars.

santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Sorry to hear about your bid..... I know how disappointed you must be feeling. Once it's back on the road and looking like new you will have a lot of interest. Good luck with your endevours.If your going to the National in June I will see you there.
Raymond.

pskipper
Minor Fan

Post by pskipper »

We'll be at the national, all being well in our Ex-Met Panda, if I can get her finished in time :)
Philip, Lynda and the cars.

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Sorry to hear about your Panda Minor.

I'm having much the same problem obtaining funding from
Unilever.

Probably be okay if it were a 'Stop me and buy one' tricycle!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!