4 front brake wheel cylinders Morris 8

You can use this area to advertise parts.

Moderator: Moderators

joegrimascaffoldings
MMOC Member: Yes

4 front brake wheel cylinders Morris 8

Postby joegrimascaffoldings » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:13 am

4 front brake wheel cylinders Morris 8. where can i find please?

Biggles1957
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: 4 front brake wheel cylinders Morris 8

Postby Biggles1957 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:00 am

The Morris Register has a very good spares shop... :D

joegrimascaffoldings
MMOC Member: Yes

Postby joegrimascaffoldings » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:03 am

where is this?

sirrom918
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Postby sirrom918 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:39 pm

You need to be a Morris Register member (morrisregister.co.uk) to buy spares from their Club Spares Service - it's purely an online mail order service. The MR Spares Service site is currently undergoing maintenance so is unavailable at the present time.
New reproduction Lockheed wheel cylinders often appear on ebay - I believe the company supplying them via ebay is PowerTrack Ltd - link below, suggest you give them a call or email. I believe that price wise they're around £70 per cylinder, so not cheap.

http://www.powertrackbrakes.co.uk/wcylinder.html

Here's PowerTrack Limited (their sellers ebay name is 'hiddengems123') current ebay ad for front and rear brake cylinders for the Morris 8 fitting both Series I & II and Series E models. As I mention below, you only require 1 of these cylinders per wheel backplate, so 2 cylinders for the front axle and 2 cylinders for the rear axle.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1935-48-Morr ... Swk5FUtlBZ

You say you need 4 front wheel cylinders, but there's only 1 cylinder per wheel so four will do the whole car - front and rear wheel cylinders are the same on a Morris 8 - or are you restoring two cars?

As with your previous enquiry regarding you needing a complete Morris 8 gearbox - which I answered, you need to be more specific regarding the model of Morris 8 you have or are working on - is it a late 1934 to late 1938 Series I / II or a 1939 to 1948 Series E ? If you're not sure of the model you have then post a photo on here.

I notice you've posted this enquiry under the 'Parts for sale' section rather than the 'Wanted' section.