I’m selling my part-restored 6 1/2 gallon petrol tank with sender unit (untested).
(I also have a good clean SU HS2 carburettor for sale, which I’ll post separately).
Tank has been rubbed down to remove the paint and rust flakes and coated with hammerite kurust. Thereafter two coats of hammerite red oxide primer, followed by two coats of hammerite stone chip shield paint.
Good solid original tank. No pin prick holes etc. Bought through club spares a few months ago for £50...and I’ve probably spent the same again bringing it to its current condition.
Requires the inside to be cleaned out, to remove internal rust flakes, and treated with oxalic acid to finish.
Sender unit visually looks to be okay, though I’ve never used it. I’ve sprayed it with penetrating duck oil and it’s moving freely. A new gasket will be required.
Collection from Glasgow area preferred, but will arrange postage via courier if required.
I’d like £100 for the tank. Price includes sender unit but excludes postage.
No longer required.
You can use this area to advertise parts.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- A0B60356-1416-4046-A97F-3497B6D44302.jpeg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 203 times
- 7C4DBF9E-DA75-41E7-B1D8-335ABC195752.jpeg (881.11 KiB) Viewed 203 times
- 23A6F1CE-02B7-4882-BC8B-917A633FFF92.jpeg (3.9 MiB) Viewed 203 times
- CCF5BAD2-7233-49ED-9FFC-B618B947578C.jpeg (901.43 KiB) Viewed 203 times
- AD6E202E-7350-4A80-AE98-2D67519872EB.jpeg (579.07 KiB) Viewed 203 times
The Morris Minor, it’s one of the family.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests