Morris Minor 1098cc Engine, Clutch, Gearbox, Carb Etc As a single unit

You can use this area to advertise parts.
tomauld
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Morris Minor 1098cc Engine, Clutch, Gearbox, Carb Etc As a single unit

Postby tomauld » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:04 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133802671472

I am just about to upgrade my excellent 4 door (see last photo) to a type 9 gearbox, hydraulic clutch and custom 1380 Maestro A series engine. We have now removed the 1098cc engine, clutch and gearbox with ancillaries as a single unit. The starter motor, alternator, coil and distributor have been removed as that is going on the new engine but the rest is there including the carb and inlet manifold as shown in the photos. The unit is more or less ready to slot in any rebuild. The engine really was excellent and was in use last month. It is ready to use and fit. The asking price may seem high but this should be viewed as an alternative to the much more expensive route of using a rebuilt engine and will save lots of time and money on any serious rebuild. To this point I have had an offer from a restorer that knows my car. I do not skimp on my Minor and the photo of the car is included to give confidence to the buyer. I am confident this will not let you down and will be as good as you can get on the secondary market.

Collection will be from JLH Minor restorations, postcode CV47 8NZ during mutually convenient working hours.

Thanks for looking and happy restoring. For the eagle eyed amongst you: Although the saloon is an earlier series III saloon the engine and gearbox have been previously upgraded to series V.

(photos on ebay - please use that platform to message me or make offers and not this one)

tomauld
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Morris Minor 1098cc Engine, Clutch, Gearbox, Carb Etc As a single unit

Postby tomauld » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:55 am

Now relisted due to timewaster who paid a deposit but then never collected:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133883070340

jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Morris Minor 1098cc Engine, Clutch, Gearbox, Carb Etc As a single unit

Postby jagnut66 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:12 pm

Now relisted due to timewaster who paid a deposit but then never collected:
Odd.
So called 'Timewasters' don't normally pay a deposit then vanish, thus effectively throwing money away...........
Are you sure something hasn't befallen them before you condemn them?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- on axle stands needing more welding......
1955 Series 2: Traveller: "Elsie May" -- on the road and enjoying her 'as is' for now but I see work ahead......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- driven back from Llangollen in Wales