Bush FMK5137

You can use this area to advertise parts.
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Bush FMK5137

Postby philthehill » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:44 am

May be of interest:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284457599698 ... 0667.m2042
These bushes can be fitted with slight modification (reduced in length) to the front eye bolt and rear spring eyes.
These bushes have been listed by other sellers at £28 each. These are reasonably priced so much so I have bought two to add to those already on the spares shelf. I may even buy more!
I have fitted these shortened bushes to the front suspension eye bolts and have carried out a modification to suit the rear spring front eye bolt. These Metalastic bushes I would suggest are very suitable if you have uprated torsion bars.
These bushes can also be fitted to the rear spring rear eye and the spring shackle body eye.
Below is a modified rear spring eye cap headed bolt with Metalastic bush. This does away with the need to use the special spanner with two pins.
Rear spring front bush.JPG
Rear spring front bush.JPG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 236 times
Below is a straight replacement of the two rubber bushes with a single Metalastic bush.
Rear spring front eye bushing..JPG
Rear spring front eye bushing..JPG (1.59 MiB) Viewed 236 times
Below is the FMK 5137 bush fitted to the front suspension eye bolt.
Marina suspension 22 (2).JPG
Marina suspension 22 (2).JPG (1.66 MiB) Viewed 232 times

stuupnorth
Minor Fan

Re: Bush FMK5137

Postby stuupnorth » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:27 pm

hi mate
do you have any more info on the modified rear spring eye cap headed bolt??
as i have just bought some of the bushes
cheers
Stu

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Postby philthehill » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:33 pm

The 1/2" outside diameter cap headed bolts are 12-9 tensile strength and of a length that allows for a fully plain shank. They are modified in a lathe to reduce the diameter of the part of the pin that fits through the 3/8" hole of the outside spring hanger bracket. They are then threaded 3/8" UNF to suit.
Leave a unthreaded shoulder so as to give a snug fit in the outside spring bracket. I have used a thick trunnion thrust washer over the threaded end of the cap headed bolt to ensure that the nut is tight before it reaches the end of the threads.
The plain part of the modified cap headed bolt has to be at least 2-3mm shorter than the overall length (including the head part of the original pin) of the modified Metalastic bush. It needs to be shorter than the bush so as to grip the bush tightly between the detached head and the chassis spring bracket.
The head of the original pin for the front eye is centre drilled to 1/2" and it then just slips over the cap headed bolt. The function of the drilled head is to locate the cap headed bolt in the detachable insert. The two bolts holding the detachable insert are enlarged to 5/16".
The Metalastic bush is reduced in length to 1 3/4" and centralised in the front spring eye.

stuupnorth
Minor Fan

Postby stuupnorth » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:32 pm

hi mate
would /could you do a set of the rear bolts ???
i would obviously reimburse you for the time & cost
cheers
Stu

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Postby philthehill » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:23 am

Unfortunately I am unable to manufacture the special bolts you require.
Phil