SADMOG (Sowf'ampton taawn)

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
JimK
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by JimK »

I was going to suggest Tesco's carpark, on the A36 just as you get into Salisbury. It's big enough for us to meet and easy to spot, and around 9am on a saturday shouldn't be busy.

I reckon it's around an hour and a half to the museum.

Jay, it will be tomorrow (thursday). Pub choice seems to be a place called the Bold Forester, which is somewhere near here. If that map is wrong then one of the others will say so, but that's the postcode.
Jim - New Forest, the Wiltshire bit
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

Yep that's pretty darn close. See you there Jay?
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

I might even dig out my mighty morris minor shirt to help make it a wee bit more obvious who we are if you turn up and can't find us (don't know who would be silly enough to do that *whistles and walks away, hands in pockets......... :roll: :lol: )

Jay-Minor
Minor Fan

Post by Jay-Minor »

sounds good to me jim
can you give me the correct address inc postcode then my sat nav will get me there, i don't know the forest to well.
what time do you meet?
"Jay" Suffering from Morris Minor addiction.
(no known cure)
Lucky owner of a 1967 4 door saloon "Mildred" THE BEAST
http://www.mini-steam.co.uk
http://www.sadmog.morrisminor.com
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

hey, type "Bold Forrester" New forest into google. THis thread is the third one down!

the p/code is findable somewhere towards the beginning of this thread. I will try and dig it out!

edit: nope, not in the thread. However, using pure magic I can exclusivly reveal the pc is SO40 4UQ

JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

I think the rest of the address is Beaulieu Road, Marchwood, Southampton.

And Dan: you'll get our thread if you type "Forrester", because everybody else spells it "Forester" :-)
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

just cos i'm lysdexic.......... :P

Jay-Minor
Minor Fan

Post by Jay-Minor »

sorry guys could not make it tonight due to commitments but will keep my on this thread for another meet
"Jay" Suffering from Morris Minor addiction.
(no known cure)
Lucky owner of a 1967 4 door saloon "Mildred" THE BEAST
http://www.mini-steam.co.uk
http://www.sadmog.morrisminor.com
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

well, we meet every week. no descision on venue for next week yet though. I think we should find somewhere new!

d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

As discussed briefly last night, I have cobbled together a website. Its all a bit gappy atm, but can I have opinions please?

http://www.redchunk.co.uk/soton-minor

Theres definatly some issues with it, and I need to sort out a colour scheme (which is where you guys come in, but please please please join the forum - I will even let you discuss traders!)

Rob_Jennings
Minor Addict

Post by Rob_Jennings »

Nice work Dan,

Looks OK, but of course very thin in content just now.

Well if we are gona talk colours I vote for almond green..... just to annoy Jim ;-) seriously I like plain and simple, white is more than fine with me, hummmm if you're using style sheet I wonder if you could have selectable moggy colours and store a cookie so we can personalise it? probably a bit much at first

Need to get some sort of logo sorted of course, still like the idea of many slogans that fit the name so we can each pick our favourite

I can come up with pictures from many of the previous meets (thanks to Josh).so that should help flesh out those sections

It might be nice to have a page for each pub (location at minimum) so its easy to find the maps again when we pick a pub each week. (they are not all in SO post code area, just close to Southampton)

I'm not sure that a forum is so useful? We are so few in number and in general you're probably more likely to get better advice debate etc here.

Oh, and it would be nice to at least ping this thread each week with pub location (or a link to site) to try and pull in a few new faces
Rob
Lizzy 1970 Morris Minor Traveller and Noah 1969 Morris Mini Traveller
ImageImage
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

yeah, I agree that as a rule of thumb this place is more useful. But when it comes to SADMOG specific stuff it might be good to have a specific place to go. It also allows more lax rules than on here ref traders etc. I've have put a regular pub section in the forum but will certainly put it on the main page if needed.

The other thing is, I am hoping to attract new people into the fold by sticking a business card with the address etc under wipers etc. to raise awareness.

edit: it is also a good way of publising anything that may be decided during a meet to those who can't attend. (eg, where we are going to meet up for the web rally etc!)

JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

Errrm, I think we should avoid getting too organised about this. At the moment we're just a bunch going to a pub, but if we start putting it on any sort of organised basis we make work for ourselves. Think how much is involved in running a branch.

We could also end up being accused of running a branch de facto and pinching members from the surrounding branches.

As for the website Dan; the plainer the better, as far as I'm concerned. If you can do an almond green background and make it legible I'll be impressed :-)
paulk
Minor Legend

Post by paulk »

I tend to agree with Jim.

The nice thing about Sadmog is that its the most unregimented part of my life. I'm not to sure about making it more than it currently is ie a few Minor nuts yaking on a thurs night.

Anyway I would never join a Club that would have me as a member :wink:
Paulk

[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/paulk235/DSCF0807.jpg[/img]
1959 2dr Milly
Has now sat in back garden for 5 years :(
http://www.sadmog.morrisminor.com/
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

am hoping to attract new people into the fold by sticking a business card with the address etc under wipers etc
I'm sorry, we simply can't do that. I'm very wary of starting a self promoting organisation. The MMOC has a Hampshire section that operates very close to Southampton. It would be very wrong of us to attempt to actively recruit on its patch.
We must keep it as a group of like minded friends drawn together from this messageboard.
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

ok. I will get rid of it since it doesn't seem to have met with approval.

Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

Lady and gentlemen.
We have an image.......
[drum roll].......
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1 ... dmog1F.jpg

I reakon it will be OK for the website rally and I'll knock up a simpler one for a logo proper.
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Gonna sort out some T-Shirts for us then pete?

Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

That's Robs department I believe. Besides lets get some feedback first.
Rob_Jennings
Minor Addict

Post by Rob_Jennings »

i like it, shame its not a trav.... ;-)

well done that man

t-shirt might be a bit short notice, I have loads of the print and iron on transfer stuff if we could source some cheap t-shirts before Saturday? otherwise we can print and laminate it and use some magnetic strips to add them to the cars?
Rob
Lizzy 1970 Morris Minor Traveller and Noah 1969 Morris Mini Traveller
ImageImage