SADMOG (Sowf'ampton taawn)

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
d_harris
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by d_harris »

Right,

I've chilled a little since my first post but still very very :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Some little weekend banker (you know what I mean!) loostened up all the wheel nuts on the back passenger side wheel (I suspect he left two on, so the wheel didn't come off on the corner and ditched the other two). As a consequence, the wheel came off about 2 miles down the road. Fortunatly I had decided not to take the motorway, or I might not be here now.

Me and Katie have our suspisions about what the situation may be, and I think it should really be a police matter. but with no hard evidence theres not much that can be done.

As I said, if you got home OK you are prob. fine but still worth checking the car over

JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

That's awful. You're both OK? How's the car?

For what it's worth I think you should tell the Police so it is on record (& it will help if insurance need to be involved), and I also think you should tell the Pub. It's faintly possible that somebody else in the pub saw someone by your car.

The Lemming is definitely OK - I charged home following a TVR across the Forest, with no problems.
Jim - New Forest, the Wiltshire bit
Rob_Jennings
Minor Addict

Post by Rob_Jennings »

Dan,

like Jim I hope you are both OK, and agree that you should contact the police and the pub with regards to this.
Rob
Lizzy 1970 Morris Minor Traveller and Noah 1969 Morris Mini Traveller
ImageImage
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

We are both fine. Car certainly has some minor damage going to need to change the rear wing - not a problem was meant to do that this summer any way. In terms of the oily bits etc not had a chance to look.

Went home on the back of a recovery truck BTW. didn't fancy chancing my arm in a car with possible suspension and brake damage.

JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

Glad you're OK.

I have a fairly decent nearside rear wing in "Approximately White" that you can have if you want - I didn't pay for it so I don't want anything for it.
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Its a job that was going to be done anyway so I have one already, will need a blowing over though. But Matt can do that when he gets back from London

Mike Shipman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Mike Shipman »

HiDan - that must have been frightening, thank goodness you and Katie are OK.
I agree you need to report it, this person may have done this before or may try again.
Hope you are able to get along to the web rally tomorrow.
Take care, Mike.
Mike Shipman,
Seaton, Torpoint, Cornwall.
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Should be along to the web rally tomorrow, but in the fiesta. Don't have time to properly check the minor. We have our suspicions that it might have been a targeted attack at me and/or katie, beyond that I'm not saying anything for now.

WPR678B
Minor Legend

Post by WPR678B »

Dan,
Thats terrible. As the others have said, you should definatly report it. If when you have checked it over you are in need of anything then let me know and i will sort some bits and bring them to the next SADMOG meet. :wink:
Jim,
When you say charged home, i trust you mean at 40?! :o :wink:
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Dan,
Thats terrible. As the others have said, you should definatly report it. If when you have checked it over you are in need of anything then let me know and i will sort some bits and bring them to the next SADMOG meet. :wink:
[/quote]

I appreciate it carlo, but I *think* its not too bad and it should be sortable - not really had a chance to have a poke today though. The only part I know I am missing is sorted already
WPR678B wrote: Jim,
When you say charged home, i trust you mean at 40?! :o :wink:
lol

WPR678B
Minor Legend

Post by WPR678B »

Well the offer is there should you find anything needs replacing then PM me! :D :wink:
JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

Got the 2007 Good Beer Guide through the door yesterday, with a couple of pubs in our area we haven't been to.

1) The Empress of Blandings, Romsey Rd, Copythorne, SO40 2PB. First entry for a new pub that was converted from a restaurant in 2004. Serves a variety of Badger beers.

2) Compass Inn, Winsor Road, Winsor, SO40 2HE.
Gales/Fullers house, lots of space inside.

Can I suggest we pick the first of these this thursday?
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Question for you Jim, Is the bat and ball in Hambledon in there? or the Horse and Jockey in Hipley (might be down as Denmead)

JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

I'll have a look later, the book is at home and I'm not.

MUCH LATER...

The Bat and Ball is in, the Horse and Jockey isn't.
JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

For the benefit of any so-far-unenlightened non-members who wish to come (and anybody who's email address we don't have) :-)

Tonight's episode of Sadmog is 8pm @ Empress of Blandings, Copythorne. Postcode is SO40 2PB.
"Bee theyre or bee ayne rectangulare thynge"*

*Obligatory Discworld reference...
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Jim, as I expected. The landlord from the bat and ball has just moved over to the H&J. it'll be other way round next time, you watch!

In other news, I shaln't be attending tonight.

Rob, if you really need your SD card back I will drive over and drop it off at the earliest convenience, otherwise I'll bring it next week.

Sorry i'm just too shattered to attend - been a tough few days!

Rob_Jennings
Minor Addict

Post by Rob_Jennings »

no problem Dan, next time you see me will be fine

was a nice pub last night, and we had a look at the christmas menu too, thinking about a sadmog christmas evening
Rob
ImageImage
Rob_Jennings
Minor Addict

Post by Rob_Jennings »

some missing SADMOG meet photos.....

from the 5th of October... rather poor showing for the older cars although a good turn out in people, and the last time we got to see Carlos' pick up

from the 12th of October... nice pose at the front of the pub, but I don't think we will be returning there after what happened (hope that you are well on the way to sorting that all out now Dan)

from the 19th of October.... pouring with rain and only 3 cars, but again a good turn out in people.

So where are we this week folks? I know the number will be a little low given that a few people said they could not attend.
Rob
ImageImage
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

I won't be attending this week either, mothers birthday y'see

WPR678B
Minor Legend

Post by WPR678B »