carburettor pivot Re-assembly, anyone got a big photo of it?

Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Chief
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

carburettor pivot Re-assembly, anyone got a big photo of it?

Post by Chief »

Hi,
In the process of servicing the carb, decided to give it all a good clean up, unfortunately however we're having real problems figuring out how the small spring of the pivot arm area connects back in.
Does anyone have a nice zoomed in photo of the pivot assembly area so we can use it as a reference for getting everything back together again? Sadly though we have several diagrams of the carb from the haynes manual, instruction sheet etc, they don't show the small spring very clearly, and we *think* we have everything else in the right place, but not too sure.
Orkney
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by Orkney »

is this an external pic you need ?
http://mog.myfreeforum.org
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

yes it is, thanks :) Oh and also, it's the standard HS2.
Orkney
Minor Legend

Post by Orkney »

right will just feed the hounds then go take some - got a macro digi cam so will do best - PM your direct email and i can send them there at a sensible size rather than completeley shrinking them to fit here
Orkney
Minor Legend

Post by Orkney »

Right sent a couple if thats not the right place let me know where is -
you'll laugh at this - thought just whip the airbox of and one of the pipes for easier access, sprayed it a bit cleaner.
Curiosity got the better of me, thought hmm better look the other side to, WHACK forgot the bolt that sticks out that holds the airbox, well didnt see it. Quick swear well didnt hurt too much crack on.
2 mins later whats that and blood had run from the gash in my eyebrow down into my eye :o
nothing a stitch or two wont sort :lol: :lol: :lol: darned if i'm having half an eyebrow shaved off though
8)
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

Thanks got 'em, and replied :) Though your carb looks a little different to ours. Though since ours isnt yet put together properly.... :D
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

The little spring - choke return spring ? - just hooks on the carb at the side - and hooks over the choke lever extension underneath the carb.
ImageImage
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

http://www.burlen.co.uk/partDetail.aspx?partID=50823

Now in that picture, the larger coiled spring I've managed to get on how I reckon it should be.

But the smaller one shown, just sits lose, one arm of the spring goes into a notch so that it sticks vertically upright, however where does the other arm go, because that little spring just spins freely and seems to be doing nothing, making me think it should be linking to somewhere.
Orkney
Minor Legend

Post by Orkney »

Went out with the camera again and a mirror, darned if i can see it let alone take a pic.
I have a suspicion that the one side hits the tab on the bracket and the other hits the horizontal of the bracket in which the spring sits.
maybe someone has one on a bench where it can be seen easily?
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

Thanks to all those who helped. We *think* finally it's together how it should be. :) It at least returns the jet in and out now.
RogerRust
Minor Legend

Post by RogerRust »

Sorry its late!

Roger

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.