modified register

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Longdog
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

modified register

Post by Longdog »

Does anybody know what has become of the register?I have not heard from either Julian or Lee despite trying to join both in writing and online.I did a similar post about 5 months ago.
[sig]6530[/sig]
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Wondered the same, it all started off well but for some reason has gone the same way as previous incarnations. The website has been neglected somewhat too. I'm sure there is a reason for this, but as it is seen by some, that potential younger members are attracted to modified cars it does seem to be a missed opportunity.

toginthemog
Minor Fan

Post by toginthemog »

I agree registered a while back but not heard anything more maybe someone will post on here and let us know whats happening
[sig]8906[/sig]
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

I know I am going to regret this but...

If Julian and Lee have lost interest do any of us fancy like taking the register on?
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

I'd love too but its probably not acceptable to the MMOC or others, for a trader to be involved.

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

OK everybody I will see if I can make contact.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

http://www.minormania.com/smf/index.php - plenty of interest there for modifiers, but like a lot of sites just now is a bit quieter than usual.

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

I made some discreet enquires via Kevin about taking on the register.

Apparently Lee and Julian are still wanting to run the register so hopefully, londog, they might be in touch soon.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

I think they're both v. busy with work :wink:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Shame, as I think the members deserve more than has been offered so far. Its disappointing that what began well has now slowed to a stop. If more help is needed then the request should be made, as modified Minors make up quite a high % of owners now.

wanderinstar
Minor Addict

Post by wanderinstar »

You would be an ideal person to run this register Jonathan, providing you have the time, which I presume you have. I mean everyone knows you are JLH so whats the problem.
[sig]2052[/sig]Ian.
Julesgti
Minor Friendly

Up-date

Post by Julesgti »

Hi all,
It was originally agreed that the Custom & Modified register would be split into two roles. I would look after the paperwork side of the register and Lee would look after the website.

In the beginning I recieved a number of calls from like minded moggi enthusiasts and in recent days I have also noticed that this has reduced.

I have not received any pm's or phone calls from anyone regarding the register. My telephone number is in the MMOC handbook which people are more than welcome to contact me.

We have always been open to ideas / suggestions, but please remember there is no fee for joning the register and therefore costs of what is being proposed has to be taken into consideration.

I will open a new post for suggestions. Please keep it to suggestions only.

I am currently in discussions with Rosie regarding a Custom & Modified Rally and will be posting details shortly.

Regards,

Jules :o
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Would the MMOC not pay for worthwhile suggestions ? :o :-?